Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by thalia

The afternoon was exceptionally bright. All the faces were looking happy. Why wasn't anyone crying? Why wasn't anyone running and screaming? Ethan went to say hi to his friends and he left me alone. I turned around to look at the building and its calmness. Little did I know that it would be the last time I do with the same heart and breath. Suddenly I felt something sharp enter my chest. Everything stopped for a second. Now people were screaming, crying and running. Not for me, but for themselves. They feared their own lives. I thought that I was going to die. So I wanted to die while having someone I knew by my side. I lived lonely and I didn't want to end my journey feeling alone as well. Among all the unknown faces that came to look at me lying flat on the floor, I spotted Ethan. “E, where is…?” I felt my breath slowly becoming shorter and shorter. “Thal please don’t speak. Just keep on breathing.” Ethan looked ridiculously angry. Ethan was my friend of 1 year. We were so close though we never tried to. Everything was so natural. He was like my brother. “Arlen” I whispered in Ethan’s ear. “f**k! Where is Ar. Arlen!” he called Arlen with all his might. Ethan started crying, the last thing I expected him to do since he was such a strong and hardhearted looking guy. Arlen was on the stairs right beside where I was. The boy didn't know me. We just had some classes together and that was it. Ar came and I instantly recognized him despite the pain I was feeling in my heart. Fear of dying is really cruel. It makes you do things that you were scared of doing the most. I smiled at Ar. That was all I could do. He was so shocked that I remember he asked whether I was hurt when he could see with his eyes that I was dying. How I wished I could get up and hug him. Tell him that everything will be fine. Tell him that I will always be there to protect his innocent heart. Ar usually spoke very little, but he had the most attractive voice I had ever heard. You know, heart is a strange thing. It does what it wants without minding whether you will be hurt or not. I still didn't know if I liked, loved, or hated Ar. It was all my heart’s doing with me knowing if the things I was doing were right or wrong. But I didn't mind at that point because I was going to die anyways. I got to a point where I couldn't breathe at all. My whole body was shaking. Strangely enough, the ambulance arrived in a matter of minutes. Usually they were late. I guess I was lucky. They got me into the ambulance and I held Ar's hand so that he won't leave me. I was so scared. Ar and Ethan came with me. I couldn't breathe, so the nurse who was inside held something to my mouth that made breathing a bit easier. The nurse told the two guys that I should stay awake at all costs or else I would die. I was holding Arlen's hand so tight and we were looking into each other's eyes as he was sitting beside me. He started talking. "You're going to live and get better. I promise. Please stay with me. We are going to finish the classes together and we will graduate. Thalia please!" I started crying. It was really strange that I didn't cry from the second I was shot until Ar started talking. The pain was so intense that I couldn't do anything. "Arlen, mom and dad are going to be so sad about me leaving." I managed to finally say my words. "Don't worry Thal, university staff will call them and they will be with you. You won't die Thal. Promise me. We have so many things left to do together." Ethan was crying hysterically. We finally arrived at the hospital. I was still holding Ar's hand. Like I was holding onto my life. words can't describe at that moment how strongly I felt attached to a guy that didn't like me or even know me.


© 2018 thalia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was great. The writing has a good flow and compels the reader to keep on reading

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much. It’s always so great to see people enjoying it
Elizabeth

6 Years Ago

You're welcome
I find this chapter a great start for the book. Great description and crisp writing that I admire

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

Thanks for your great review. Hopefully you won’t be disappointed in the next 6 chapters. That if .. read more
great chapter,fiction or non i enjoyed it

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I’m glad you did
 wordman

6 Years Ago

my pleasure
It was a good opening,

But I have one concern.. Is the story based on true incidents!!


Posted 6 Years Ago


thalia

6 Years Ago

No, it's fictional. But some the characters and the relationship between them are real if that makes.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 19, 2018
Tags: Teen, youth, love, accident


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia