Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by thalia

The situation got a bit awkward with Ar, but it wasn't my fault. Maybe it was, but I wasn't ready to admit that I indeed needed him especially in a situation like that where my health should be my first priority not a random guy. The guys left and I was alone in my room. The doctor came to check up on me. He said that my blood has definitely decreased and I kinda knew judging by the fact that I was cold the entire time. I overheard mom, dad and the doctor talking. The doctor said that I might suffer from brain problems because the bullet has entered my chest and has damaged the main vessels as well as my right lung. But it was fine because it was slow. And if I were going to due, then it will definitely be slow. At least I was living now, that was how I would encourage myself not to fall apart. "What's with you and Arlen?" I got a text message from Ethan.
"Nothing why?"
"Why did you ask for him that day?"
"He was the first person I saw" I was lying to Ethan, Arlen and even myself.
"Come on Thal, I was the first person you saw. You even called me"
"You know what E, I don't f*****g want to hurt anyone. Please stop this bullshit"
"Are u ok Thal? What's wrong? You must be high on something."
I felt my eyelids getting heavier. I felt like I was drowning. Here it comes. The moment I have feared since the second I heard mom and dad talk with the doctor. I woke up after 3 hours. They said it was the effect of the medicine.
"We need blood. Can the guy from the other day come again? The blood that we have right now clots quickly and doesn't suit her body" the doctor was talking to my family. They didn't know I was awake.
"Who's that guy? Ethan?" I was so confused. Definitely none of my friends had the same blood type as me.
"Oh honey you're awake"
"Yes mom who are you guys talking about?"
"Cameron" my sister said from the other side. The thing was that she had always been in trouble for talking. As expected, this time too she got at least 5 pair of eyes glaring at her.
"Cameron? Are you in your right mind? Who said I want his blood to enter my body?"
"Calm down! There was nothing else to do.what should have we done? Look at you die?" My mom was already in tears.
"And now you're planning on asking him again? Ok very well I'm f*****g out." I woke up to to leave the bed. I fainted as soon as I tried to get up.
Cameron, I don't exactly know know how to describe him. He was my first guy friend at university. We weren't really that close, but he was so precious to me. I would always look after him from afar. He was a person that had to go through a lot. He was always depressed. I would see myself in him. I didn't love him romantically. I just wanted him to be happy, healthy and just well. When I woke up that day, Cam was already sitting beside my bed. "Cam why did you agree to give me blood?" I started crying.
"Thal, if I'm not ready to give you my all, then who else am I going to help? Awww the little baby is crying" he tried to make me smile.
"Stooop" I laughed, of course I would. If Cam was happy then I would eventually get happy. I didn't want him to get closer to me because he suffered the death of one of his best friends last month. So I told him to go. Also it was why I was so devastated about the fact that he donated his blood for me.
"Thalia, promise me you won't leave like how Roman did"
I just smiled. I couldn't promise myself to hang on let alone one of my favorite people. I just couldn't lie to him.
"Surprise!!" The person that I least expected came.
"Hey Arlen. Why are you here?" I was beyond happy to see him face.
"Hey Arlen. I didn't know you were friends with Thalia" for some reason Cameron was as excited as i was to see Arlen.
He gave me Blue Moon Roses again. Just how sweet was that! The thing was that, I was afraid of love. I was afraid of being broken again. I was afraid of hurting the ones that I loved. I wanted to stay away. Actions have consequences, and that was why I was watching each of my steps very closely. I couldn't help. My heart was acting on its own. I needed help. I needed someone to reassure me that I wasn't going to die. Someone to hold my hand and promise me a life that I have only seen in my dreams. Cam left us alone since he had afternoon classes. "Thalia, university feels so empty without you there" the only thing that I could see in Ar's eyes was sparks of innocence. How could he be like that? "Really? You didn't even know me!" I answered while looking into his eyes directly. "How do you know that? Also who doesn't know the smart Thalia?" I was no doubt happy to hear that because every hint of love for me was worth the entire world. But I wanted to stay away. I didn't want Arlen to see me fainting. I didn't want him to visit me just because he felt bad for me. I was at a point that I could no longer hode my emotions. I started crying out loud. "Arlen please leave" I said that tho my heart was screaming "please don't leave me alone, stay by my side". It sounds confusing I know. But that's how I have felt my entire life. I never understood myself or what I really wanted. "Thal calm down you're bleeding! Help" Arlen was now screaming on top of his lungs. Again I felt like I was drowning. I was so scared that I held Arlen's hand again. "Don't..." I was still talking but he couldn't hear me because I was already in another place. It became a habit, I would faint for at least 4 hours a day. My brain wasn't functioning properly. That day when I woke up Ar was still there. I felt so sorry for myself, flr he saw me in that situation. He was crying. "Arlen..." I wanted to say I'm fine don't worry about me, but I couldn't talk. A tear dropped down my face. Mom came and held my hand and she was like "honey, you're not going anywhere. None of us will. Your friends are waiting outside" mom informed my about my friends' arrival. "Mom can you leave us alone?" I whispered since I didn't have the energy to say it out loud. Mom left us alone and Arlen came forward and held my hand. "I feel so stupid" Arlen said while crying. I didn't say anything. "I was too dumb to get your intention. Thalia I swear to God, the only reason I'm living right now is you. Forgive me." He put his face near bed and started sobbing like a child. The only person that knew about how I felt about Arlen was Jessica and she was outside, so that explained everything. I tightened my grip on his hand and he got up to look at me. "It's not like that. Don't do this please. Forget about me. I will eventually die. Today or tomorrow. Live your life" I whispered. "Thalia no. I never had someone to love me. I'm still so broken inside. I didn't even have mom's love. She left me when I was 9. Don't be like her. Stay strong at least for me. Love me. Give me all the love that I have always lacked. Thalia, I don't understand why suddenly I'm so attached to you. But I am and that's all I can tell. Please" his voice was full of sorrow. Then the doctor came in and told Ar to go out.


© 2018 thalia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Romantically, It was sweet.. I liked her confusion with herself and how is her heart shifting to Ar..
But yet, I still don't know how did she get shot!

Even I don't like being criticized or nitpicked but its just an advice from my own view.. try seperating between your lines.. or packing them in paragraphs not in one stack
But, It came beautifully here as Thal is talking all the time listing the story from her view.. so It was amazing
I enjoyed your describtion

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your great advice. I'm still working on my style. And yeah as the story goes on, every.. read more
A.Tarek

6 Years Ago

My pleasure, I did enjoy it
Waiting for next chapter...😏
thalia

6 Years Ago

It's coming!!



Reviews

Romantically, It was sweet.. I liked her confusion with herself and how is her heart shifting to Ar..
But yet, I still don't know how did she get shot!

Even I don't like being criticized or nitpicked but its just an advice from my own view.. try seperating between your lines.. or packing them in paragraphs not in one stack
But, It came beautifully here as Thal is talking all the time listing the story from her view.. so It was amazing
I enjoyed your describtion

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

Thank you for your great advice. I'm still working on my style. And yeah as the story goes on, every.. read more
A.Tarek

6 Years Ago

My pleasure, I did enjoy it
Waiting for next chapter...😏
thalia

6 Years Ago

It's coming!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 19, 2018
Tags: Youth, love, teen, accident


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia