Alone

Alone

A Story by Stephen Crow
"

A young woman has a terrifying encounter with a seemingly goodwiled monster.

"

Alone 


Sheryl sat on the far right bench of the downtown metro station. She was sobbing uncontrollably, and oozing black fingers of mascara were crawling down her cheeks. She’d come to buffalo that night to visit her boyfriend, Robert. He was away on business, and Sheryl figured he shouldn’t have to spend new years eve alone. However, Robert had no intention of spending the night alone. She opened his hotel room door to find the two of them coiled around each other like boa constrictors. Sheryl stood in the doorway watching her world fall apart, and it took a solid minute before either of them noticed her standing there. Now she was alone on the far right bench of the metro station, sobbing. 

She wasn’t completely alone; however, on the left side of the station stood a man. He was tall, pale, and gaunt. He looked as if his whole body had been stretched out and pulled. His misshapen body cast a long erie shadow down the corridor. He approached Sheryl furtively. “Don’t cry,” he said softly, “No one will ever want you if they see you like that, make up all runny and stuff.” 

“F**k off.” 

“I still want you though...” 

“I said F**K OFF YOU F*****G PERVERT! TOUCH ME AND I’LL RIP YOUR F*****G NUTS OFF!” she screamed with fire lashing out from her eyes. The man stepped back looking hurt and mumbled something to himself. He slinked back to the other side of the tunnel like a hurt puppy. 

The train pulled into the station. A gust of wind blew Sheryl’s hair across her face, and it stuck to where the makeup had gone runny. She Boarded the first car. The man was in the last, and It wasn’t until she was on the train till Sheryl realized she had no idea where she was going. She’d planned to stay with Robert. Sheryl searched the train desperately for someone to help her. Her eyes landed on an older looking man in a navy blue suit. He wasn’t the kind of man one would expect to be taking the train at this hour, and was entirely out of place among the decrepit and sad people that made up the majority of the car. Sheryl wiped the make up from her cheeks and put on her friendliest face. “Hey,” she said tentatively.

“Oh… Hello,” he responded. He hand’t been expecting any conversation.

“I’m sort of in a jam... Do you know where I can find a motel around here?”

“Well, I’m on my way over to the Marriot now. If you want, your welcome to tag along.”

Normally, Sheryl would never go along with something like this, but it’d been a hard night, and there was something about this guy that made Sheryl want to trust him. 

They got off the train at the second to last stop, and started to walking. It was a dark night, but the moon glared off the silver streaks in the mans hair. Sheryl shivered in the bitter cold. The man stopped and put his jacket around her shoulders.

“Thanks.” 

“Don’t mention it,” replied the man automatically.

“Hey, I never did get your name.”

“Oh, it’s Jackson.”

“Well, Jackson, You certainly are a gentleman. My name’s Sheryl, by the way.” As she said this her heart fluttered. She liked this guy. She didn’t know why but she did. Sheryl saw the hotel parking lot. They were almost there. 

“Sheryl… Sheryl…” he droned, “I sure am lucky you came along. I don’t think I have the money to find any other decent company...”

Sheryl stopped and stared at him as he transformed. His whole body posture shifted. He whipped around suddenly and grabbed Sheryl by the shoulders. He drew her head in close and forced his slimy tongue down her throat. Sheryl bit down on it hard. Blood began to fill her mouth. As Jackson whimpered into her, a sharp pain drove into Sheryl's rib cage. She crumpled to the ground clutching her stomach. She was bleeding out. A fist smashed into Sheryl's head, and her world went dark. 

Sheryl woke up, groggy, in the back of a van. Jackson was position over her. His eyes gazed hungrily into hers. She tried to push him off, but found her hands were restrained to the floor of the van. She pulled desperately at the cuffs, but it was no use. She was trapped in the van with him. 

“You’re awake,” He said jovially, “I thought I might have to wait until morning to get to play with you.”

“WHAT THE F**K DID YOU DO TO ME?!” she screamed. 

“Oh nothing yet. I like it so much better when they’re awake. The way they scream and twitch, theres nothing like it!”

He grabbed a lock of her hair, sniffed it deeply, and moaned in disgusting pleasure. Sheryl spat into his face, but it didn’t seem to phase him. 

“Hmm, first you bite my tongue then you spit on me. I’m going to have to teach you some manners.”

Jackson pulled a knife from its belt. It shined like hot terror as he drove it between the bones of her forearm. Blood spilled from the cut like water from an overfilled bath. Sheryl cried out in pain. Jackson joined in.

“YES!” he cried in a horrible moan.

He slid the knife up to the base of her elbow, and blood splattered like a mist across their faces. They screamed out together: one in pleasure, and one in pain. He removed the knife and drove it back down into her shoulder. She screamed uncontrollably, blood pouring from her broken body. Jackson cackled like a hyena, laughing in terrible euphoria. He took out a crowbar and started to beat her, shrieking the whole way through. Sheryl was broken and sobbing. 

“Just kill me!” she begged.

“But we’ve only just started!” laughed jackson as he lapped up her tears like a demented dog, “The foreplay is just about through…”

He creeped down to Sheryl’s waste and began removing her skirt. 

“Just wait,” he laughed, “We’re going to have so much fun together!”

Sheryl was limp, drained of all will to resist. She accepted the violent mutilation that were sure to come. It didn't matter to her, she was already dead. 

Suddenly, a hand crashed through the van window and grabbed jackson by the collar. he was yanked like a rag doll out the window. Sheryl heard a scream, then a crunch, then nothing. The night was silent, and Sheryl was once again alone.

  The door swung open, and there stood the man from the metro station. Tall, horrifying, and heroic. He undid the restraints on her wrists and pulled her from the vehicle. She looked down at Jacksons lifeless corpse and spat on the red patch where his head used to be. Sheryl looked up at her hero, and saw a hunger behind his eyes.

© 2014 Stephen Crow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on July 30, 2014
Last Updated on July 30, 2014
Tags: horror, blood, rape, violent, alone, sobbing, female hero, scary