The Car Killer

The Car Killer

A Story by Rachel
"

Based on the Urban Legend. Copyright. All stories belong to me.

"

The Car Killer 


         Samantha Elliot climbed into her car and started the ignition. She was going from her school to her hometown for a long overdue visit. She popped a CD into the player and turned up the music. It was night time, around 9:00. Samantha adjusted her mirrors and peeled off, singing along to the music. Suddenly, she noticed the car behind her. It was a non-descript white car. The car flashed its high beams, and Samantha felt a stab of uncertainty. Was he following her?

         She decided she was being paranoid and drove on. Ten minutes later, the car was still behind her, flashing its high beams again. It was following her. She drove a little faster. She was only a few minutes away from her old house. Don’t worry Sam, she told herself. The car flashed the lights again, and suddenly a police car was pulling up behind them. Good, Samantha thought, they’ll catch whoever is following me. But to her surprise, the police came over to her window. “Please step out of the car”, said the portly police man. Samantha pouted, but obeyed. A tall man exited the white car and walked over. “Didn’t you see me following you? Someone was in the back of your car, and whenever I flashed the high beams they ducked down. I called the police from my cell phone.” Suddenly, the back door of Samantha’s car opened and a girl got out. She had stringy black hair, green eyes, a bloody head and a scared look in her eyes. “Stay back,” the police man said. The girl pointed to Samantha. “She’s trying to kill me!” She said. “She knocked me out. I was trying to get your attention, thank God you called the police!” Shocked, the man and the policeman turned to Samantha, who pouted. “I was so close, so close! If only I had hit her a little harder, I could have killed her! I was going to dump the body! No one was supposed to know! No one!”

         As it turns out, the girl, Sharon Michaels, had been a classmate of Samantha’s. The two had gotten into a fight over a guy, and Sharon won. Samantha got so angry, she tried to kill Sharon by hitting her over the head. She was planning to dispose of the body in the river of her hometown, where no one would find it. She didn’t hit Sharon hard enough. The man in the car thought that Sharon was the killer, while really she was just trying to get his attention while trying to sit up with the head injury. By calling the police, this man had saved Sharon’s life. Samantha Elliot was put directly into jail for life, but the legend of the killer in the backseat lives on. Only now, it’s told a little differently… 

© 2015 Rachel


Author's Note

Rachel
Please read and review, thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome ending! loved it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rachel

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing
Pratik Mishra

8 Years Ago

By the way, I had read this about a month ago, but forgot to review. Sorry for that. :)
Rachel

8 Years Ago

It's okay!
Good write you are a good story teller

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rachel

8 Years Ago

Thanks! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 12, 2015
Tags: Scary, Horror, Chiller, ShortStory, UrbanLegend

Author

Rachel
Rachel

New York , NY



Writing
She Calls She Calls

A Story by Rachel


Letters Letters

A Story by Rachel