Base Free

Base Free

A Poem by The High Poet
"

A poem about drugs and all the craziness that goes along with the life of the addict.

"

 Base Free

 

 

The first time you try it everything changed
The feeling rushes in, nothing else stayed
No feelings of pain, it’s all rearranged
No heartache, no sorrow and no more shame

The fear starts growing, who’s at the door
The invisible man, he’s under the floor
Minutes become hours, hours turn to days
Where did the time go, I’m lost in this maze

Just one more hit, then I will sit
Try to relax, just give me a bit
Now it is gone, no more to be had
You start checking the floor, it’s driving you mad

Thoughts invade, there must be one more
You call and order, he is at the door
It never stops and never ends
You are forever changed, until the end

 

 

 

© Jordan Mandic 2009

 

© 2010 The High Poet


Author's Note

The High Poet
I always enjoy feedback! Good or bad let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

First read of yours...
Pretty sad that some feels the need to go into drugs as the solution...
Once in very difficult to get out.
Any addiction is the same...
Lisa, now in Spain

Posted 1 Year Ago


This is a poem with a really sound message and warning for those thinking of messing around with intoxicants. I think it's a hopeless situation, once caught and almost impossible to turn around. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


powerful. thank you

Posted 11 Years Ago


XD This reminds me of something my fiancee would write! If he liked poetry, that is.
I liked this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good read. I really like these two lines: "The fear starts growing, who’s at the door
The invisible man, he’s under the floor"

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is Awesome! The picture you paint is very real, I really enjoy the way you explore the presence of extreme paranoia ! Also you describe the panic that sets in when all is done, Brilliant!
STAY AWAY FROM DUMMY DUST AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very deep and intimate look into the state of mind that you were feeling. The only thing that threw me off is that the poem present and past tenses. "The first time you try it everything changed"

If you want to go back through it and revise to the past or the present, I think that would be kinda cool.

But I think somebody could argue that this is poem is "told" in the state of mind that the speaker is in. Being under the influence of something can significantly alter a person's state of mind, sense of time. I think this is something that would be kind of fun to also play with in the future.

Nice write!

-JH

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. very powerful and I could got the sense of being out of control and that everything has a life of its own, taking its own path. I have a good friend that works with women to help them move away from drugs because many of them have young children. She says that it's very difficult to watch them suffer, but she says that seeing the children move to a new direction from their parents is the greatest gift. Oops. Really ranted. Sorry.
Anyway, loved the piece. It's a hard road once it was walked on, but I think you're going in a good direction. Good luck and good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You made me feel your thoughts at this time in your life. Keep in the clear and you sights will become clearer. You have a good soul to keep looking after. Well done to you.




Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1260 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2009
Last Updated on April 8, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

The High Poet
The High Poet

Guelph, Guelph, Canada



About
Once I ran and hid my face Scared to face my disgrace Always running no way out Now I stand and shout THESE ARE MY RHYMES! When I write it's like I have tapped into some kind of creative ener.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Sunset The Sunset

A Poem by Manda