School

School

A Poem by the_kate
"

This is basically what I feel every morning, Monday through Friday before I go to school.

"

Why do I have to go
to this horrible prison
that they call
school
I'm teased
I'm taunted
my life is miserable
at school
they all hate me
I don't know why
maybe it's because
I do well in
school

Mom says they're jelous

Dad says I'm better

than them

all the girls

at school

they say to look ahead

I'll be successfull

some ten years

from now

but at the moment

I'm stuck in

school.


 

© 2010 the_kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it. I like how you told about the struggles and difficulties of school. I also like how you put in what the mom, dad, and the girls gave motivation to the person telling this poem. I really like it, and I think you should write more poems like this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I feel exactly the same. This is really good. I like how you used the other peoples opinions in to show how they contrast yours.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hated school as well. Five miserable years of my life. I hate it when people say, "Just get your education and prove that you're better than them because when you finish school" blah blah blah. All education does is give you direction in life, something to do.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Just remember Chaucer. The people who upset him have been villified till the end of time! At least according to the film 'A Knights Tale'!! LOL. Payback will come when they have to call you boss ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Jealousy is the sincerest form of flattery. And jealousy is often manifested into dislike. Don't let it get to you, keep your chin up. Trust high school flies by and then it doesn't matter anymore. Good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your mama is right. Today you may be stuck in school. Education is very important. Will open doors for a great life. You can't allow the kids at school to bother you. I became the tutor for the kids who drove me crazy. Then they wanted to be my friend... School is just a step. Next step college.. You can find your proper place and good friends.. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can relate. High school was hell for me, too and I always put a front that I loved it. I really liked how you put that phrase about being successful ten years from now. No matter how much people say that, they always fail to realize that we're here, now, and ten years won't do us much good in the present. Nice job. I like it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked it. It was neat. I liked how you came right out and told us about your struggles in school. What happens to you personally not somebody else. Keep writing poems like this, I really liked it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lol, life never gets better, stuck in your moms womb 8-10 months, stuck in a crib 2-3 years, stuck in school 12 years (of not more) then stuck in life, stuck in the same boring job, same boring house, same boring people in your life, same boring walls to look at on them long cold winter nights.

Nice write!
~S. D. Blankenship

Posted 13 Years Ago


That's how it was for me when I was in school because I was a bit bigger (and still am), but sometimes I wish I could go back to high school because it was easier (all teasing and taunting aside). I'd also like to go back to change a few things I regret very deeply and to say things I never said. I liked this. It was honest and very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sometimes my brother calls school hell. Its funny if you ask me that we have to learn so many pointless things

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1126 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010
Tags: school, bullying

Author

the_kate
the_kate

Emrald City, Oz



About
I'm a younger writer, and I live in a small town out in western Kansas. It feels like the middle of nowhere sometimes. I write because I want to get away from this place. When I write, I can go anywhe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Hall The Hall

A Poem by the_kate


Shattered Echoes Shattered Echoes

A Poem by OT


Ode To A Writer Ode To A Writer

A Poem by OT