wishful thinking

wishful thinking

A Poem by ditto
"

10 words contest

"
She said it would be easy, like writing a letter* to St. Nicholas, wishful thinking. Hardly does she know though that I grew up well below the walls of her father's castle, the outskirts of his kingdom*, where lately my father's plots are less than sparse*. I worry about what we'll wheel* on carts to the market to sell beneath our canopy*. I'm thinking this while I walk abreast* with her palomino*, looking up at her politely, trying to hide my desire to caress her cheeks and correct the strands of hair that seem to tickle* each, thankful that she sits out of reach to ease the temptation. I can imagine us at banquets using each refined utensil*, whether it be for soup, salad, or starfish*, wearing garments that would inspire any artist by their beauty. I can envision too the two of us in a cottage room, breaking fast over some cooked hog and a loaf of bread. It's funny, out of both fantasies, I think I'd wish for the latter said. I'm a simple man but want a princess to keep fed.

© 2017 ditto


Author's Note

ditto
I'm sorry, my formatting didn't transfer when I copy pasted the piece so I just put an asterisk after each of the ten words instead of bold text :

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hello. Thank you for entering the 10 Words I Give contest. I am glad you enjoyed writing for this contest. The groomsman has a fancy for the princess and you wrote it will such delicacy. Refreshing play on romantic dreaming. I like the 'latter' vision too. Simple & Sweet. Good job!

Posted 7 Years Ago


ditto

7 Years Ago

Ooh whoops, I thought Bala Gorthi was hosting the contest, dunno why. Thanks though, I really enjoy .. read more
Wicahpi

7 Years Ago

I look forward to reading your future creations then!
It is an interesting piece. You have woven the words into a beautiful story. Well done.
Thank you for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


ditto

7 Years Ago

Thank you. And thanks for the exercise, I've never tried using random words to inspire any writing. .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2017
Last Updated on April 9, 2017

Author

ditto
ditto

KS



Writing
Sated Sated

A Poem by ditto