Don't Melt

Don't Melt

A Story by Pandora

"Hey, who are you?" Asks the bartender. I can't hear him over the loud music, it sounds more like "How are you?" since heavy guitar riffs cut in and steal key points of his words.

"Fine...." I say, I feel so out of it. My head hurts, wait where's my drink? It's not coming, I guess I'm leaving now. It's so cold though, so I wander around feeling tiny snowflakes dance on my skin. I shuffled around slowly because there was ice, sadly this took quite some time. As I was quite a reckless person, and sliding on the ice seemed fun. Oh, and how the snowflakes landed on it, like powdered sugar. So wonderfull, yet menacing knowing I could die by sliding a little to much. It would be beautifull though to have my corpse covered in the snow that tickled my skin right now.

Today was a good day despite me having a headache, my girlfriend let me go to bar with the guys. We talked about last summer. Summer wasn't this good. My girlfriend flinged books at me, I got a blackeye, and I wreaked my parents car. Prison wasn't fun either. Although it had a bizarre resemblence to summer camp.

There are so many unique diffrences, this has to be a good year. First off, we moved to the city from the country, something I've promised my girlfriend for years. We did it, she's so happy. Also we made friends quickly, the people here are intresting, they have hobbies, and don't wander around the woods trying to shoot stuff. Our apartment was amazing, it was lavish and comfy and warm for a change. There were no empty beer cans on the floor, no kicked in doors, and more importantly, no parents.

I love it. A baby is on the way too, it's a girl. I want to name her snowflake, since they are so beautifull here. My girlfriend, soon to be wife, dissagrees. She says it sounds like something you would name a dog, so we settled on it being her middle name. Our parents agreed as well, and we actualy got along unlike when we lived with them. We came up with a new hobby, movies. We both love them, how people pretend worlds are crashing down, and how they find things, things like love. We cudled together while the snowflakes outside watched, it would be a short winter probably, I don't want it to end.

And two months later when the snowflakes began to clump together, friends became enemies, they were all the same. Despite their unique appearence when we first saw them, when they were wonderfull different things. Lumped together now with everything else they showed their true colours despite their pure look. They were dirty. Our parents joined them, they got swept up by things, and clumped together as well. They were all corupted, and soon they'd be gone. As I was leaving, my ex-girlfriend wasn't coming though, she was also with everything else, everything that was once pure.

That baby never came, those friends were never seen, and the movies were donated. I left when winter was over, to a place where winters are longer, my job was bad, and I couldn't afford to rent a warm, beer can free apartment. My new life without the others was worse, even though they were dirty, it was wonderfull to still be around them. At least then I could remember when they were unique, and pure. When they slowly dissppeared everything was taken away. That's why when winter comes this year, I'll beg the wonderfull snowflakes not to melt, so I can stay with them forever.

© 2011 Pandora


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on February 1, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2011

Author

Pandora
Pandora

United Kingdom



About
Right now I'm using this as a place to store my writing since I prefer using computers instead of handwriting stuff. It's way easier to edit stuff too. Yeah this is my storage place of stuff I writ.. more..

Writing
It Decompossed It Decompossed

A Chapter by Pandora


ONSK ONSK

A Book by Pandora