Embers

Embers

A Poem by ~Israel~
"

lose ones self.

"

The chamber's of my mind locked.My passions stifled.the darkness looming.My soul unraveld.The cold is bitter from my internal winter.My fire is dieing;It's flicker weak. I wait for it's embers.It's embers I seek.ignite once more fire within.ignite once more,let my life begin.Warm my desires.engolf my soul.light the way for me young and old.why did you die? why did you leave me?why did you let thed world trick and deceive me?was i not true to you? was i not fair?did i not feed you my love ,passions,and cares? remember the day when you burned so bright? when you burned the touch of thoes who sought to take you're light.oh,how i long too see them once more;them glowing embers of long before.the life they carried.the promise they kept.the way they sparked and floated and did not rest.how you blazed a trail so fierce and pure.how the future appeard so unubscured.you're intense light revealed their lie's.burned their tongues.scorched their mocking eye's.but where has the pyro in you're soul gone to?why does it snow and grow so cold? where's thy fire that burned so bold?only in a dream; a dream long ago; where my embers danced above the snow.

© 2009 ~Israel~


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the flow and the format! thanks for sharing:)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2009

Author

~Israel~
~Israel~

no where, MN



About
few words that sum me up:not trusting,faithful,sincere,hopeful. wanna know anything els? just ask and will see if i tell you. more..

Writing