"you can be a bad a*s,without being a dumb a*s"

"you can be a bad a*s,without being a dumb a*s"

A by ~Israel~
"

grow the f**k up....

"

tellme,what do you think being a bad a*s really means? Is the the esence of it to not give any regard to anything or anyone but you're self?is it too shun all propriety and responsibility and to endulge you're every wim and momentary emotion? is it too make poor and wreck'less decisions,all the while it hurts everyone thats in you're life and at thhe end of the day,you sit and reflect with you're fellow"bad asses",and take pride in you're destructive ways and the pain you left in you're wake? do you define you're manhood by the count of beer bottles that are collected on you're night stand by day break? or by that woman you left broken hearted and pregnant a few states back? or the many children you have that long to call you daddy and have you hold them when the clock strikes midnight, and they wake from their nightmare? now tell me,is all the nights and days of instant gratification,of stealing money from you're loved ones to acquire that drug that will only temporarally relieve the heavy regrets that enduce sooo much mental anguish and inward suffering.was it all worth it the people you hurt to get what you want,as you sit in that cold ,dark cell all alone,with only you're mistakes to keeps you company?If you believe this is what it means to be a " bad a*s" then you are more of a fool,then life make you out to be with each passing day.would you like to know what a true"bad a*s" is? it's that single father or mother you works themselves to death every day to keep them,and thier childrens heads adove water.from drowning in all the poison the the world trys to to kill them with. for being strong for others,when they find no strength for them selves.Its that one individual who stands in the face of all odds,and make a example of the virtues that are dedication and perseverence. its that person whos does what they know needs to be done despite their own wants and desires.its that one whos dieing of cancer and still looks at life through positive eyes. its that devoted friend thst stands by you're side when know one els will.To me.....these people are the most "bad a*s" individuals that ever walked the earth. cuss in the end,all thats matters is that one person who fought for love,friendship,family. all the small things go that go unnoticed.they fought for the good out of life and did not take the easy way out; even tho they lived in a world that encuraged to do so.so you ask me what is a 'bad a*s"? these few people who walked soo tall in a world soo low.......I salute you.


 

© 2009 ~Israel~


Author's Note

~Israel~
agree with it or not. i dont care.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with you 100% hurray for the people who follow honor and not their selfish needs. :) you write great thoughts here keep writing and thanks for sharing. It sounds like a speech

Posted 13 Years Ago


i agree

Posted 13 Years Ago


I couldn't of said it better myself.
Its also nice to see, that some are still able to reconize it. : )

Posted 14 Years Ago


its good writing, very good barring a few small errors.
but split it out a bit. one big paragraph is hard to read and you won't get many people into it enough to review, or indeed agree/not agree with what you are saying. so split the paragraphs out a bit.

otherwise, not a bad job at all.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2009

Author

~Israel~
~Israel~

no where, MN



About
few words that sum me up:not trusting,faithful,sincere,hopeful. wanna know anything els? just ask and will see if i tell you. more..

Writing
Embers Embers

A Poem by ~Israel~