Liar

Liar

A Poem by A. J. Kingsley
"

When a soldier loses faith in the war they are fighting, all they have becomes turmoil.

"
My reputation was once worth more than gold or silver, now it lies a tarnished mess in your wake. Though I saw through your shell, knew the pain in your eyes, others only saw you through shattered glass. I fought at first, clawed desperately to defend you, but with each slicing word in your defense the crowd attacked with blows from all sides. 
Then I began to tire, I watched as you stood silently while others attacked you, even while I stood there, bloodied in an attempt to rescue you. I started to wonder, perhaps you wouldn't fight because it was true? My grip on my sword slackened, I no longer looked at you as someone who needed saving, but as a trickster who allowed me to be trampled for his sake, though he wouldn't stand. Surely you couldn't have used me so? The more I thought the further my heart sank. Gods don't let me have defended this creature only to find that he is a wolf and not the lamb I once saw. I can't stop myself as the sword slips from my hand, their piercing words work their way into my head, and I can't help but feel their bloodlust fill me. Yet even as you watched me stop fighting for you, you didn't raise your blade to brace for the attack. You stood there expressionless as they overtook me, as they turned me against you, even as my heart and mind fought with one another. Still, there you stood. And there before you lies my name. Shattered like the mirror they look at you through. 
Yet still I remember those eyes. The eyes that were too beautiful to be associated with only one color. Those eyes that surely could not have made me into a liar, that must hold truth within their gaze. Oh, pick up your sword and fight! At the very least restore my strength that I may once again fight for you, since you'd rather them think you a wolf than show the strength of your heart. Give me once again the faith of your eyes, don't make me into the liar they believe I have become.

© 2017 A. J. Kingsley


Author's Note

A. J. Kingsley
I'm not really sure what this is, it just sort of happened. Thoughts and feedback are always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on July 10, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2017

Author

A. J. Kingsley
A. J. Kingsley

Minneapolis, MN



About
I am Senior in college who writes about her sad moments and past depression because I believe you can only truly comprehend joy for life when you remember what you have been through. more..

Writing
Crazy Crazy

A Poem by A. J. Kingsley