Music

Music

A Poem by Solis-Lopez
"

i decided to write this for the "Music = <3" contest...and i figure i'd might as well also write about my musical experience ^-^;

"

-Music-

 

I pick up the bow,

place it on the strings

and play a small song.

It means nothing, it is barely even fifteen seconds long,

but at the moment, I am standing before a miniscule audience of maybe

two hundred people who most likely want to be somewhere else.

Being small as I am,

I mess up...but no one there has ever had any musical experience

so no one notices but my classmates sitting behind me onstage

and my teacher a few feet away who just smiles supportingly.

I feel as I enter a new school months later that I am not as adamant as I might have been.

I wish for change...

And then my teacher leaves us for another school and I no longer feel the need to play.

My wish for change is granted.

I now make music with a bow, a loud repetitive "POW!"

and another form being a small, silent repetitive "THUNK!"

with the air rifle and with soon-to-be-my new compound bow.

Of course, I have friends who can play something as well,

an instrument far more complex and far more...fun?

I want to be able to play with them...

I want to know if I can make such beautiful music again,

even if it's not the beautiful music I might have made before...

I want to see if it's still possible...

Is it still possible to make all kinds of music with my hands?

© 2008 Solis-Lopez


Author's Note

Solis-Lopez
O.o; HOLY COW!! i actually told you all about that! XD that was...wonderful for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very good, I felt like I was on the stage with you, it struck me as straight from the heart, wonderful writing. This is the best of yours I have read so far. Years ago I played the violin, sadly I wasn't very talented and after a year gave up playing to the relief of everyone else LOL.

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was great! I loved how you described what it is like to be on stage and mess up. I wished I could play music. I am not talented at all that way! Great poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


this poem has touched me in a spot in my heart that was very tender and that i had forgotten about. my teacher left too, but i was the best in the class and when he left, i felt like i dont need to play anymore. i wish, now that i kept on playing. i love music with a passion. i love making people swoon over every note. i miss the days back when i could play Mozart's "magic flute" or bach's "ode to joy" on my viola in the orchestra. i do wish them days to come back. so, i give your poem more than a 100%. when a writer can make the reader remember feelings that, strong ones, then that poet knows what the meaning for poetry is. therefore, you desurve all the points u can get on this one and probably others. great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I too am a musician. Having played the trumpet as a soloist and section leader , I too found myself missing a note or two along the way. Putting down the trumpet after 10 yrs I then picked up the pencil. years later would put that down and pick up the guitar. To this day I find new and wonderful ways to express myself, writing being a new one still. I still draw and still play the guitar. Altough not in front of as big an audience as when I played the trumpet. Now alone in my private space or while camping with friends . Once a musician ...always a musicain and artist. To answer your question ...Yes, you will continue to grow and play .Only if you seek out the time and welcome the benefits into your heart. Thank you for this wonderful writing .never say never my friend!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 20, 2008
Last Updated on June 20, 2008

Author

Solis-Lopez
Solis-Lopez

Houston, TX



About
Well it looks like I'm in college, writing and drawing in my spare time. I'm not much of a writer but it gets me going and I like to just sprawl ideas out wherever I am. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Solis-Lopez