It Should Be That Simple

It Should Be That Simple

A Chapter by Ashe Conten

"How simple?"
I was suddenly outraged. "That doesn't matter! However simple is fit, I'm not sure, just make it simpler than this!"
She looked up at me as spoke in such a way that almost had me believing she was confused. Except she wasn't because my magician never is. "What should be simple? There are so many things you could be referring to."
"Oh, I don't know, maybe you should be simple."
She chuckled. "I am always simple," she stroked our cat and continued, "it is you who must simplify your point of view."
"Get out." I needed to think, and she always messes with my thought process. 
"Fine" She gently pushed the cat off of her lap and strutted across the room and into the hall. I noticed as she closed the door that her hat did not rest atop her head.
"WAIT NO!" I screamed and dashed toward the door, but only too late. The cruel monster had locked me in. My knees buckled and I fell into a ball on the floor, shaking, defeated. Yet again, I had been outsmarted and caged like an animal. What would come out of the hat, what horrible beast had she prepared for me? How much damage would it do?
"Well, that was easy." I heard from the hall, "and so, painfully simple."


© 2017 Ashe Conten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on March 15, 2017
Last Updated on March 15, 2017


Author

Ashe Conten
Ashe Conten

Atlanta, GA



About
HI SAM Surprise XD more..

Writing
Truth Truth

A Poem by Ashe Conten


Eagles Eagles

A Poem by Ashe Conten