Forbidden

Forbidden

A Story by theinspiration
"

What would you do for the one you love?

"

My heart raced with fear as the guards were taking me and Sasilia away to the castle’s dungeon. I sideways glanced at her; her face was filled with sadness and worry. Her eyes were wet and red from the tears, and her long beautiful brown hair was nappy. Her eyes met mine and my heart lurched in pain to see her sad pale green eyes. I broke away from her gaze and looked out the wagon’s window. The moon rose high above the trees, and shined off the lake me and Sasilia used to swim in which was years ago. The wagon creaked to a stop and I glanced at Sasilia again, I squeezed her hand and mouthed silently, “I love you.” She squeezed my hand and mouthed the words back. The wagon’s door swung open and the guard grabbed Sasilia by the shoulder and yanked her out fiercely.

“Don’t you hurt her,” I yelled climbing out after them. The guard grunted and put his gun behind our backs and commanded us to walk forward. There was another guard in front of us leading the way. I intertwined my fingers in with Sasilia’s and walked along beside her towards the castle. The castle was dark inside with very little light and cold. It was empty and quiet; the only sound was our footsteps that echoed throughout the castle’s walls. The guard poked me and Sasilia in the back ordering us to walk faster. We turned a few corners then finally walked down the steps to the dungeon. It was much colder and the air was thick and stale. The candles were lit and as we reached the bottom I could see the king and princess standing side by side, about five guards were behind them. The princess’s eyes fixed on me then on Sasilia, her expression was a mixture of pain and rage.

The king spoke, “Max, what has happened to you? I gave you my trust and so has my daughter and yet you run off with this…ignorant girl.”

“She is not in ignorant,” I almost yelled. I looked at her with soft eyes. “She is amazingly beautiful, I’d do anything to protect her, she’s my life and I love her to death.” Sasilia looked at me and smiled lightly, then her smile faded as quickly as it came and she looked at the ground.

I looked back at the king and he sighed, “I will give you another chance Max, will you marry my daughter?”

“No I will not,” I said narrowing my eyes.

“Take her away to the executioner,” the king muttered harshly. All of a sudden everything started happening to fast. The guards that were standing behind the king and princess grabbed Sasilia and began dragging her up the steps. She thrashed around furiously yelling my name. I started after them but another guard grabbed me from behind and held me back.

“Sasilia,” I yelled out. I looked back at the king and princess. “Please let her go,” I began to choke on my words. My head was spinning and throbbing in pain.

“One last chance, will you marry my daughter,” the king asked again.

“Will it save her life,” I asked filling up with rage.

“Yes,” the princess spoke up, “It will.”

I thought for a moment then finally said, “No, I will not.”

“Why,” the princess asked questioningly.

“You will not keep your word, even if I did say yes, you’d still kill her anyway.”

“Take him away too,” the princess ordered. The guard grabbed me by the arm and dragged me up the stairs. I shrugged him off. “I can walk myself,” I said. We walked out to the executioner. I looked up and watched the stars dance across the night sky as we walked in silence. As I got closer I could see Sasilia crying, she was chained up to the shackles, hands above her head. They put me beside her and put my hands in the shackles as well. It smelt of death and decay, blood stains were all over the place. Thunder and lightning clapped against the sky and it started to pour. I looked over at Sasilia tearing up, and she looked at me. The king and princess approached about ten feet away besides the guards, they lined up each grabbing a gun.

I looked at the princess and said loudly through the rain, “You can never take away the love I have for her, our love will be forever even in death!”

The princess narrowed her eyes and said angrily, “Ready.” The guards shifted there guns and I looked at Sasilia. She broke her gaze from the guards and looked at me.

“Do you have any regrets,” I asked her starting to cry.

“Never,” she choked out.

“Neither do I,” I smiled softly.

“Aim,” the princess said. The guards aimed there guns at us.

“I love you,” I said still smiling. I leaned over and kissed her passionately on the lips.

“I love you to,” she whimpered kissing me back with the same passion. We looked at each other deep in the eyes.

“Fire,” the princess yelled. And the guns went off.

© 2013 theinspiration


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 19, 2013
Last Updated on April 19, 2013

Author

theinspiration
theinspiration

About
Flying, soaring high in the sky; over mountains, oceans, and deserts. New lands, to new lands. Flying through the harsh storms of pain, snow to blind me from what I am striving fo, to stop me from tou.. more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by theinspiration