Letter 2: Can You See The Picture

Letter 2: Can You See The Picture

A Chapter by The Joshua Letters

In the previous letter, I stated that my life journey is to discover and comprehend the truth, and these two things (discovery and comprehension) are different. Therefore, as we discussed discovery in the first letter, I want to next cover comprehension. In so doing, I will utilize a topic that is fundamental to my theories: What is matter made of?

 

This is one of the basic questions of science and consequently, there is much information available for discovery. The concept is simple: How many times can you split an object until you reach the point that it can no longer be divided? A rock can be broken into smaller rocks, which can be broken into gravel, sand and dust. If this process is continued you will eventually reach the point where you have the individual atoms that make up the rock. However, this is where things become interesting, because peering into these tiny objects reveals that atoms are not solid matter at all. Instead, they are areas of near vacuum space wherein much smaller particles (protons, neutrons and electrons) exist in a manner that makes the atom “appear” to be solid. So what about protons, neutrons and electrons? Are they the fundamental building blocks of matter? Nope. Science has found that the same thing is true for at least the protons and neutrons. They are likewise areas of near vacuum space occupied by much smaller particles called quarks. Now, the next question is obvious, isn’t it? What are quarks and electrons made of? Well, we don’t know because science does not presently have technology capable of identifying these particles; they are too small. However, evidence exists indicating that quarks and leptons (an electron is a type of a lepton) are likewise made up of much smaller particles that exist in a manner that makes them “appear” to be solid when they are not. So, the world has been searching and searching for centuries to find what the fundamental building block of matter is, but so far, they have found nothing but vacuum space that somehow appears to be solid.

 

Now, let’s leave the sub-atomic world and look at matter from the other end of the spectrum, outer space, focusing on one of the items found there, black holes. Black holes are areas in the universe where matter is so dense that it exhibits a gravitational force strong enough to prevent all things, including light, from escaping. It is commonly believed that a black hole forms when a star becomes too large and collapses as it dies under its own gravitational force, and that this process causes whatever the star is made of to collapse into an ultra-condensed form with staggering density.

 

I once had the density of a black hole explained to me in a spitball kind of way, that if you had a ball of black hole material, it would be one million times smaller than the Earth yet it would weigh one million times more than the Earth, or it would have a density one trillion times higher than the Earth. From this we learn that matter is at least 99.9999999999% pure vacuum space, and we’re talking about heavy metals in this scenario. What about us? The Earth has a density approximately 5.5 times higher than the human body. So, considering ourselves, if we could collapse our bodies down into personal black holes, we would be at least 5.5 trillion times smaller than we are now.

 

Now, let’s take this information and return to the topic of comprehension. What is to be comprehended from it? What does it mean about you and I? Again, I chose this topic deliberately to lay the foundation for my theories, but for now, think about it. What is it regarding our existence that is to be comprehended from these truths?

 

Comprehension is the ability to process truth into a useable form. It is the ability to draw the correct conclusions from what you have discovered. However, comprehension is different from discovery in that it cannot stand on its own. Discovery can happen singularly, but in order to comprehend, the connecting truths that surround the discovery must also be known and used correctly to formulate a conclusion. This is why the Circle of Truth is so important. It is needed to make truth useful. Thus, in order to accurately comprehend anything, the truth on the matter and all of the surrounding truths (or at least as many as you can get) must be known. This requires a willingness to follow one truth to another without bias, agenda, or preconceived notions, and this brings me to a critical point I want to cover.

 

I stated that I would present theories regarding our existence that have never been published before. Well, why is this? Why am I, an average Joe, the one doing this? Part of the answer is because only recently has science discovered information sufficient to put the puzzle together. However, I believe the main reason is because far too many people are caught up on sides of the argument. What argument? The classic one, between religion and science.

 

What I will present in these letters is nothing more than obvious conclusions that are derived from a review of the full circle of available truths. Thus, anyone could do it. However, as far as I know, no one has and I believe it is because of prejudice. Too many are caught up in the argument between science and religion and they refuse to consider all of the available data. Why? Because some of the pieces of the puzzle lie on the other side of the isle and trust me, it takes truth from both sides to complete the picture.

 

In the next letter I will begin to paint it.

 

Until then,

 

Joshua



© 2020 The Joshua Letters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

When I read this one thing came to mind. It is the idea that we are who we are though and through, no deviance or change. We evolve like any living thing, but we stay around a central personalty that is mainly our's. This is what I found myself thinking.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is really interesting, I learnt a few things about science here (which I most likely will have forgotten by tomorrow, but that's just my memory. But whilst it is still fresh, it is all really intriguing). I like the points that you saw, and that fact that I actually do understand it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can't believe this site:

"Brilliant. vividly brilliant this is. clever and very objective yet intruiging"

"Joshua,
I had not read the last two paragraphs I must say that how you pulled it all together was done quite eloquently"

No! This is nothing close to vividly brilliant or pulled together eloquently. This is pedantic, cursory, and arrogant.

It has no idea what it wants to be. If it was real philosophy it would go much deeper than a routine afternoon daydream. It would posit ideas, test them, form conclusions.

If it is meant to be any form of good writing it would drop the lecturing tone and sound a lot more interesting.

"Vividly brilliant?" Give me a break.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Or.... think of it this way.... an empty glass can never be truly empty... no matter how you intend to empty it... the ACT of making it empty will only ADD more to it. Whoa, sounds like one of those bad dreams! Perhaps the only way get outside this box is to be like the Cheshire Cat –which disappears only to leave it’s smile behind. I honestly think you are on the right track, but like putting all your eggs in one basket, riding on a single (unsure bet) premise will look like a house of cards. Personally, I would write this as a fiction novel with characters who contemplate this theory --but that’s just my way. Thanks!

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If I got this correct, your premise pivots on the fourth paragraph, which depends solely on:
A "pure vacuum space" doesn't refer to something being void or empty --though it does sound like that in science articles. It means that something is held down to a ground state, at its lowest energy level, such as being at absolute zero. The idea that an atom is 99.99% void has fallen by the wayside, since a perfectly "empty" atom would have a high volume of forces and force carrier particles (i.e. photons, weakons) it would seem to have more physical substance than an atom loaded with electrons. More than likely, something will come along tomorrow that will change this concept again. There are no absolutes yet --we're not even close.
If this is simply a matter of comprehension, first we need to figure out what to comprehend --and there are too few good definitions as of yet.
I don’t see how this premise can work in this case. Nice writing though, keep it going.

Posted 12 Years Ago


How I understand it, to fully comprehend something, you most know everything about that thing. We don't know everything about anything (as far as I know) and so, we cannot fully understand.
I disagree when you saywe have enough information to find out why we exist. There is a lot we don't know to answer these questions.
However, there is enough information to get rid of some of the ignorance everyone posseses.
I am not saying you are wrong. I'm just stating my opinion, wheather it's wrong or right.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting, I like again how you gave a explanation as you did in your first letter with the hey stack and the needle... and this time with the rock. I can just picture you well at science, this was interesting. Took me back to when I had learned about Protons and Electrons... etc. Though I didn't know about Quarks and Leptons which is interesting. The way you brought the Black Hole into this was interesting as well.

I can see from other reviews you have, how much thought and debate you are stirring up, but I like your letters though they may not. Everyone has something to discover and in these letters of yours you are trying to do so in different ways. Everyone also has their own voice and thought on things, and it is nothing to be rude about even if you are a reader and need to criticize and comment.

I disagree with those reviews saying how they have declined you as a friend and deleted you, because you have your own voice. A voice is criticized, but friendship should not be judged just by a cover of a book and a voice, should get to know one before, and see their views and voice further. Etc.

Back to the letter, if this was a science paper I would give you an A plus. Very interesting, because for me I never was to great at science, I rather enjoyed the protons and etc, as well as space, when I learned it, it is fascinating, and you I believe made this letter fascinating to me at least.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the information and the way you describe your opinions and desires in this chapter. Many unknowns can leave us with mystery and questions. I like the way you think and explain your theories. Thank you for the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have read your piece and have to agree invs I don't believe the Mormons know the truth and I am not I do know it is an cult and they don't have and know the truth. I am removing you from my list.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i find this a piece of arrogant, self-indulgent drivel. how presumptuous to assume you've stumbled upon truths that others need to hear. this could have, perhaps, been written in a less self-aggrandizing way and it would have been less offensive, yet i doubt that it would be of any more value.
i've declined your friend request, by the way.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1165 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: creation of man, origin of man, science, religion, quantum mechanics


Author

The Joshua Letters
The Joshua Letters

OR



About
Who are we? What are we made of? Where did we come from? Is there a God? Answers unlike any that have ever before been presented lie within the pages of The Joshua Letters. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..