Letter 15: Creation

Letter 15: Creation

A Chapter by The Joshua Letters

In the previous letter, I introduced the concept that all matter is made of Intelligences that have been organized by God into different elements, and by Him given commandments (guidelines wherein they are to exist and function perpetually). This process is how He created the universe. The next question that I want to address stems directly from this concept. My question is “Why would these Intelligences agree to do this?” If God is one of the Intelligences, then what enables Him to command and organize all the other Intelligences according to His will?

 

We learned from the writings of Father Abraham in Letter 13 that God is the most intelligent of all the Intelligences, but does that give Him the right to make Himself king and start ordering all the other Intelligences around? What power does God have that the rest of the Intelligences don’t that gives Him the ability and/or right to oversee organization and creation? The answer to this question is key, and is so simple. Let me go back one more time to the Mormon book The Doctrine and Covenants.

 

The key piece of the puzzle is hidden, almost as a footnote to what God is otherwise saying, as He describes things that happened to Adam shortly after the creation of the earth. It is found in Chapter 29:

 

“And it came to pass that Adam, being tempted of the devil, for behold, the devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency.”

 

There it is, the key to understanding God and creation: “Honor, which is my power.” God derives His power from His honor.

 

Ask yourself this question: “Why do you ‘willingly’ do something that someone else asks you to do?” Is it not because you trust, respect, and/or love the one asking you? Is it not because you honor that person?

 

God does not have honor because He is all-powerful. God is all-powerful because He has honor, perfect and time-proven honor. Through the course of the eternities until present day, God is not only the most intelligent, but also the most pure, honest, trustworthy, caring, patient, selfless, etc. Most importantly, He is the most loving. He has always wanted and still wants the best for every other Intelligence, and He has proven such to the point that the other Intelligences are willing to do what He asks of them. They trust Him. They trust that what He wants them to do is in their best interest, and this enables Him to use His perfect knowledge of all things to command and organize the other Intelligences into forms of order and beauty, lifting and improving each Intelligence step by step, eon after eon to the most beautiful and happy state that they can be lifted to.

 

This is how it works. As far as I can add things up, this is how the Earth and universe that we live in came into existence. This is how matter and element came to exist in the forms that they do and why they follow the laws and principles that they do. They are doing what God has commanded them to do. Thus, we can conclude that we (humans) are Intelligences that can experience life on this Earth at the hands of many other Intelligences who work together, in obedience to God’s commandments, to form our physical bodies and everything else in the Earth and universe.

 

This then brings us to more questions. What makes us so special that we get the opportunity to be the children of God? Why are we not some other form of life, like an animal or a plant, or further yet, part of some form of matter? Why do we get the chance to live as the children of God upon the Earth rather than acting as a part of the Earth or universe, like so many other Intelligences do? Well, I suppose that will make a good topic for the next letter.

 

Until then,

 

Joshua

 



© 2020 The Joshua Letters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I’m curious what your perspective of the first and second testament is and their relation to one another. God is pretty violent in that first half and I recall (correct me if I’m wrong) him mentioning he is a jealous and vengeful god (hence one must never worship any false idols above him). I feel like those two things directly contradict the seven sins which include envy and pride? What is your take on this? You mentioned his honor and purity, was that at a time when he was less evolved and intelligent than he is now or an error in the interpretation of human beings?


The final part of this letter led me to wonder one more things (I’m asking these things to help you analyze your own point of view so please don’t take it as attack. I’m being the devil’s advocate hur hur) are animals and plants loved by or acknowledged by god? You said the question why are we the ones who get to be his children, but are all beings on the earth not his children? Is a dog or a plant or even a mentally disabled person (all of the above things likely unable to verbally or mentally announce their devotion to him) left out? I suppose I should read the next letter, actually.

Cheers.

Suggestions:

the devil"for, - inappropriate punctuation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Quite a theory.

Posted 11 Years Ago


What of the devil?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Perhaps we have failed God as the Shepherds of the earth and that is why he is no longer here.

Still an interesting perspective on the creation of man.

Posted 12 Years Ago


That's an interesting point of veiw, however, that would mean nothing is inanimate and all is intelligence.

Posted 12 Years Ago


If you spend your whole entire life trying to understand what's going on, You will always be a failure. Anything we can conceive is much more benign than "Everything" "out there"

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

538 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: Science, religion, creation, evolution, origin of life, origin of man, quantum physics, theory


Author

The Joshua Letters
The Joshua Letters

OR



About
Who are we? What are we made of? Where did we come from? Is there a God? Answers unlike any that have ever before been presented lie within the pages of The Joshua Letters. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..