Your Mail Still Comes Here and I Don't Have the Courage to Change That.

Your Mail Still Comes Here and I Don't Have the Courage to Change That.

A Poem by Francis Danger
"

i feel now like someone's shadow that is suddenly missing its body.

"
i hung up my hat for the last time on the far wall
the same day you hung yourself from the rafters of the top floor.
i don't want to wake up right now.

i don't think i can wake up right now.

it was the first bath i had taken alone in three years
and the water felt cold, like cold hands running over me.
i'm still not clean enough.

i'll never be clean enough.

the whole day went by
and it was dark all day long, all year long.
i don't want to lose you.

i'm not ready to lose you.




© 2013 Francis Danger


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So very touching, moving and tragic at the same time. I truly like the concept of this...as poets we must speak our hearts, and in this it seems you have done that. I like the idea of "getting clean" and not being able to "get clean enough", because that speaks volumes as a metaphor for situations such as these. Actually, the entire piece is a metaphor of sorts, though quite literal as well.

My only technical suggestions would be to not use so much word repetition... "the whole day went by/and it was dark all day long, all year long."--here I would have just lost the "day" in the second line and went with "it was dark all these hours (maybe a different word), all year long". I don't know, play with it a little, but that was the only tiny little issue that I had. Otherwise, fantastic write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pure emotion. There's nothing to give, as nothing received would reach the places intended. Your words are a prescription bottle overflowing....spill them over as many pages as you can....never lose the words...they'll run and smear themselves and make no sense and all the sense....but they will heal you if you let them....

CM

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well this is sad... first three lines are incredible though. Actually, the entire thing is pretty damn good. Depressing as hell though.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Francis Danger

10 Years Ago

ha. you just described the my life from 2007 to 2008. thanks for the review. good art, good writing .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2013
Tags: gone, missing, emptybath, shadow, sara

Author

Francis Danger
Francis Danger

Philadelphia, PA



About
31, M. editor and creator of A Secret Machine . Com, staff writer for PA Music Scene, former editor of The Disembodied Americana. professional technologist. semi-professional writer/ artist. ama.. more..

Writing