August 20th, 2005

August 20th, 2005

A Chapter by Shannon

I'm scared.
this may be the last time I ever write from this house, or from the looks of it, the last time I ever see my dad. He;s really sick and all he is anymore is angry. The scratching and scuffling is all over the house now, it started just last night and it hasn't stopped. Mom is taking Anne and i to Reesie's. She says dad just needs some time alone, but i can hear her pleading him to leave with us. She keeps saying something about the thing trying to kill us all, and how it's presence is evil.
It all kind of reached a peak last night, Anne and i woke up to my jar of salt crashing to the floor, the glass shattered and went everywhere, Anne and i couldn't even get off the bed as the scratching started getting louder under the bed. It was like we were being trapped. Anne screamed and my Mom rushed upstairs to find us clinging to each other. My wreathe had fallen onto my bed because of all the vibrations from the scratching. The moment it hit the bed, the sound shot away from us, like something had startled it.
We're all packed now. There are more of the weird grease smudges all over the house, all concentrating around the little door in the hallway closet. My mother is still trying to get my father to leave to, but it's like he doesn't know she exists. He's so thin and pale, and his eyes are all sunken in.

He looks like death himself.


© 2012 Shannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 25, 2012


Author

Shannon
Shannon

PA



About
I joined this site in 2009, when I was writing poetry exclusively. However my range has expanded and blended. My once short poems are now some sort of descriptive paragraph/free verse hybrid. I .. more..

Writing
Teaser Teaser

A Chapter by Shannon


Maps Maps

A Chapter by Shannon