Pancakes

Pancakes

A Story by the_real_me

 

What do you think of when you hear the word pancake? Does the word church come to mind? Every time someone asks me if I like pancakes, I have to tell them this story. It involves pancakes, church, and table ten.
   My Senior High Chat Group leader Pam loves to cook for lots of people, so when our youth group was going down to Laurel Ridge, North Carolina she wanted to have a pancake breakfast at our church. This was the first time we were this kind of fundraiser, so we were not experienced in this field.
   When we started out things were going good. Pam was busy making her pancakes. We had it set up like a restaurant kind of thing. We thought things were going good.
     Then more people started to come in. Then this one family came in, we sat them at table ten. They placed their order and we put it in. Other people who had ordered before them got their food.
     These people are the kind who think the church so be one way and one way only. It seemed like two minutes had passed, and table ten was getting mad. There was nothing we could do because other people ordered first.
     At this point in time, every time we came in and out of the kitchen they got more and more madder at us.
     Then after about five minutes, they come into the kitchen and ask for their food. At this point, my Senior High Chat Group leader Pam had it. She told them that if they wanted “fast food” they should go to Perkins because that’s one place to get fast food.
     What do you think happened next? The people at table ten got up, and went to Perkins. We really didn’t care because at that point they paid the money to eat and well weren’t getting their money back from us at all.
  

© 2008 the_real_me


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
Added on May 15, 2008
Last Updated on May 16, 2008

Author

the_real_me
the_real_me

Allentown, PA



About
more..

Writing
Family?!?! Family?!?!

A Story by the_real_me


the body the body

A Story by the_real_me