MISANTHROPE

MISANTHROPE

A Story by The Unknown Sith
"

MISANTHROPE- A person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society.

"

MISANTHROPE

   I will say,

   I am an annoying plague for which favor is returned by the crashing waves.

   The disease is spit up and removed to avoid contamination by the foreboding sea.

With this dismiss; I am afresh upon the shore looking back to the ocean , shaking my clinched fist.

Upon examination, I realized with a new found sense of uneasiness that I was once more free.

But, woe is me , a cripple before humanity,

Unable to sit at the table or merely be stable in-weather, in-ordiver, or in pleasure.

Here I am, anew my friend at the end of my own rope, as I loop it tight with the intent to choke.

As my flesh crawls like the crabs before me upon the sand, the idol hands beneath the grains with thoughts of burying my own remains.

So I may hide from down tilted eyes; that see the failures of my feeble attempts to just survive.


   I know, yes I know!

   That all I do is merely for show.

So allow the jester to amuse, with skin so thin that the wind will so easily bruise my hollow soul.

Another joke is told as deeper proceeds the hole.

I reflect, seeing they may in time accept me as one of their own.

But, the chance of being exposed as a mirror of failure chills me to the bone.

   No choice but to stun in what I quickly become; a vile hermit lashing out with a desire to be left in solos.

Analytically, they snap back befuddled and amazed as I exit the shores of salvation into the dark distant offset cave.

To them, I chimed back at a looking shoulder “ calm your worry some minds, all is fine, your world is just that; not mine.”

I swiftly disappeared from all gaze, hiding in my new grave.

Self-exiled to a life of deprave, A victim of misanthrope forever, its ungrudging slave.

By the unknown sith

© 2023 The Unknown Sith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
If I learn anything on this website. Probably it will be any good writing have lot of views but total zero reviews.

I like theme of misanthrophy . There is lot of obvious reason why some people start hate all people. I am not lover of human kind but still i have few people who i love .

I like your poetic language it's more like prose then short story. Even it's have sarcastic tone i can still feel beauty of your language. Each sentence make me get deeper under surface of your thoughts. Even meaning is not important anymore. It's like sweet over dose of heroin in cold bathroom. You know it will kill you but you don't want to resist. Yes. There is hidden slavery in our mind and thoughts. I can tell you for sure like person who got quiet lot emotional struggle. End of your writing showing sometimes there is no escape from our mind and that's great way of our misanthrophy.

P . S.

I know it's old piece. So i just wonder how you feel about this piece right now. If you have any new thoughts , change?


Great refresh writing on quiet boring web site.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1358 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 28, 2015
Last Updated on September 26, 2023
Tags: Humanity, Outcast, Loner, Sith, Short, Story, avoid, Misanthrope, unknown sith, the

Author

The Unknown Sith
The Unknown Sith

TN



About
My writing are like scabs, I can't stop picking at them, The deeper I read, the more they bleed, I am forever a starving artist. more..

Writing