Broken Promises

Broken Promises

A Story by Ioana Georgiana

      Have you ever wanted to spend time with someone? More than you wanted to breathe?  Was that feeling ever mutual? You clung onto them as if they were  your lifeline. Busy  schedules were   often an impeding factor. But, sometimes, life had a way of working herself out. This wasn't one of those moments.

     I got a text a few weeks ago, the number was hidden, the message was signed with a sole initial. The messenger had made his intentions very clear. His identity was no stranger to me. On the contrary, I knew him all too well, more than I wanted to admit. He wanted to meet me somewhere in town, to catch up, reminisce about the good old days. I gladly accepted the invitation. Only I had no idea what was in store for me.  I should have guessed it earlier.  

    I was in the middle of my preparations when I got another text, this time, it was hinting the address. I got dressed in a hurry, picked up my purse and locked the apartment. From there, I went on foot to the destination. Although it was far away, I didn't mind.

  As soon as my eyes  recognized the building, memories came flooding back. I entered the old club,  after checking my watch.  Heading straight  to the bar, I  ordered a glass of Coke. I paced around with the glass in my hand, sipping every now and then, trying to find an empty booth. Sitting down on the sofa, I waited for two hours. He never showed up.

  I turned round on my heel and ditched the place. Suddenly, my eyes met heavy rain pouring from the sky, crashing down on the pavement. . Great, it was  freaking great. I should have known all along that I couldn't trust him.

© 2015 Ioana Georgiana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
generally I don't go for stories as the genre is poetry..here you have represented the betrayal in a quite beautiful way where the thirst to look for the next move is continued until last line..where I find specially the last line quite promising where the tear is compared to the raindrop that hit the heart which becomes like a stone after the repeated hammering..beautiful write and thanks for the rr.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
generally I don't go for stories as the genre is poetry..here you have represented the betrayal in a quite beautiful way where the thirst to look for the next move is continued until last line..where I find specially the last line quite promising where the tear is compared to the raindrop that hit the heart which becomes like a stone after the repeated hammering..beautiful write and thanks for the rr.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write!! I have been there...and it sucks!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Good. Simple and good. I like the excitement and the let down and the rain that goes with it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2015
Last Updated on August 25, 2015
Tags: disappointment

Author

Ioana Georgiana
Ioana Georgiana

Romania



About
A twenty year old with a knack for everything written. I breathe by filling my lungs with words. You can also find me at jolenepoetry on Instagram. more..

Writing