La Isla Bonita

La Isla Bonita

A Story by Ioana Georgiana
"

Inspired by Madonna's song.

"

A long time ago, Madonna sang about a place called “La Isla Bonita.” Ever since, I’ve been wondering what “the beautiful island” looked like. Frankly, I picture it to be an ideal place, where the summer breeze flows oh so lovely. The kind of place you only see in movies, with clear skies and turquoise water.  

However, when it comes of La Isla Bonita, there is a catch. Everything seems to be too perfect to be true. One might compare it to a beautiful mirage. A mirage that takes your breath away, so much so it drives you insane.

It is said that whoever spends a night on the beautiful island coast is bound to dream of their long lost love. As reality still exists, this dream comes with a price. If you’re lucky enough to see your lover’s face one night, you might as well consider yourself trapped on the island. For the illusions it feeds you are tempting nonetheless and, as many before, you may find yourself falling for them.

Isn’t it ironic? Some place as idyllic where the sun is always  shining turns out to be a perpetual curse. Life has its cycles and circles but La Isla Bonita defies all that by creating an irresistible loop very few manage to exit.

© 2018 Ioana Georgiana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on June 21, 2018
Last Updated on June 21, 2018

Author

Ioana Georgiana
Ioana Georgiana

Romania



About
A twenty year old with a knack for everything written. I breathe by filling my lungs with words. You can also find me at jolenepoetry on Instagram. more..

Writing