Why So Soon?

Why So Soon?

A Poem by ~Wandering Soul~
"

a girl i used to know fell to her death on the rocks at a local beach when she took a shortcut across them..........she fell 50m,herbest friend watched it all, climbed down to her and watched her as she died just before the helicopter could get there.....

"

Wind whips my hair gently about my face

As fire wraps your body in its warm embrace

The words I could say slip from my mind

Just as you fall and leave us all behind.

 

Looking out to the sea, I feel I could fly

Listening to the waves crash, you slowly die

Soft wetness as tears tumble, looking south

A smile pricks at the corner of your pale mouth

 

Slowly the evening sun dies and with it, you

Say farewell with this mid autumn sky of blue

The ocean crashes upon me its waves of grief

How is it possible that God could be a thief?

 

All that you left us is turned swiftly to ash

A terrible tragedy though your actions were rash

Was it a shortcut home or a shortcut to death?

Our pain echoes that of your body’s last breath

 

Your blood has ceased its flow; our tears take its place

Up in flames now is you and white dress of lace

This red sky reflects your blood stained shell

Its far too soon but now I must say farewell.

 

© 2008 ~Wandering Soul~


Author's Note

~Wandering Soul~
say what you like about the poem as a peice of writting but please also comment on it as a tribute to Donnica Clarke (R.I.P 1990-2007)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thought this was a superb epitaph to your friend. The only thing I would say is read this out loud a few times. There are a few bits that don't feel right. Maybe just need working on. Maybe my way of reading?
It is a really good poem though and I'm sure she will be proud to hear you read this - pretend you are reading to her?


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So sad. I'm glad that I have not lost a friend like that. Thanks for sending it to me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a lovely, tribute. I can see that this death is something you are still trying to come to terms with. I am sorry for the loss of someone who might have turned out to be important in your life. One never knows until it is too late, does one? Strong words, powerfully written. I agree with Gary. She would be proud.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Thought this was a superb epitaph to your friend. The only thing I would say is read this out loud a few times. There are a few bits that don't feel right. Maybe just need working on. Maybe my way of reading?
It is a really good poem though and I'm sure she will be proud to hear you read this - pretend you are reading to her?


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

~Wandering Soul~
~Wandering Soul~

Australia



About
I'm a 20 year old girl from Australia who has always had a passion for writing. It's my way of explaining things that I can't put to words - I write. I'm studying nursing at the moment so that in a.. more..

Writing