(Remember me, I'll Remember the past)

(Remember me, I'll Remember the past)

A Poem by ~Wandering Soul~

You tell me my past should be over and done

To try to forget what cannot be forgotten

The memories flash through like a show

As much as I try they just won’t seem to go

 

You tell me to remember all the good

But I can’t remember what never happened

What little there is, is just not enough

To see what is good in life is often tough

 

Others have it worse than me I know

They are also much stronger than I am

I spent so long saying I was fine you see

The path had long since dropped under me

 

So now I feel this thousand feet free fall

Again I plummet down, saved just in time

Before the ground can break my headfirst dive

I am pulled back up again and shown I am still alive

 

My memories will see me fall once more

You wont save me but wait for my end

As I fall to my death I will see you smile

And how you crave to see me as a crumpled shattered pile

 

© 2008 ~Wandering Soul~


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The view point I got from this piece is you dwell to much in the past and it drags you down, the more you think about it the lower you become. I hope you manage to pick yourself up and shack the shackles that bind you. Overall a good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is no way to tell someone to forget without being a complete imbicile. Forgetting does not come easily, especially where emotions are concerned. In fact, they teach you in psychology that memory is tied to emotions... we remember most what moved us emotionally. Forgetting is not an option. Healing is a good option, and I'm glad you have a good friend to push your process along.
I can relate to this piece, as I have been hurt more than not.... I feel your pain in this piece and the best thing I think I can do is send up some prayers for you and hope next time you find someone who brings you more happy than hurt. When you get close to people, it's impossible not to feel hurt, but if buried under mounds of happy, it's all ok in the end. Much love~~

Posted 16 Years Ago


i of all people know forgetting is one of the hardest things to do. you need to forget, but its not going to come easy. i myself havent forgotten what i should have, so i know what youre going through. don't worry, i know it seems tough now, but it will get easier.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I do the same thing, it is okay to remember but we need to put the past in it's proper perspective. Good luck and thanks for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


I say 3 cheers for your friend for being there to help you and 3 more for you for getting some help.
I know from experience the past things can't be forgotten but if we place them somewhere in our memories with a label of 'not so important' and realise we can move on and be stronger from doing that we will start to heal.
I'm not saying that is an easy thing to do but we have to try to. Write the pain out. You have done well here to start that. Wishing you all that you would wish for yourself.
Be strong and never let anyone put you down.
Suzi


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The view point I got from this piece is you dwell to much in the past and it drags you down, the more you think about it the lower you become. I hope you manage to pick yourself up and shack the shackles that bind you. Overall a good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
6 Reviews
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

~Wandering Soul~
~Wandering Soul~

Australia



About
I'm a 20 year old girl from Australia who has always had a passion for writing. It's my way of explaining things that I can't put to words - I write. I'm studying nursing at the moment so that in a.. more..

Writing