¡Vivia la revolution! 2

¡Vivia la revolution! 2

A Story by Thomas Pynk
"

If you disagree with me contact me and we can share opinions.

"
We have crippled ourselves.
We the people have allowed a deadly disease into our hearts and minds. It has killed more people than cancer, AIDS, and any other disease combined and will not stop causing nothing but death and despair unless we stop it. 
This disease is religion. 
We have created a monster and now we must destroy it! All that religion has done throughout its entire history is give man reason to kill, steal, and enslave. It is ridiculous that in this day and age, with all of our technology and what we know about our earth and beyond, that 90% of the world belives in some sort of deity. Whether it is a man who sent his son to the earth to be murdered, or a blue man that achieved spiritual enlightenment by repeating names. We must stop it!
The bible has been a blueprint for the suffering of man, and although many other religions have helped (believe me i have not forgot about islam at all) the christians of the world have undoubtebly done the most damage to the society's of man from allowing slavery (Slaves be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear a trembling, in singleness of heart, as to christ. . . -EPHESIANS 6:5) to letting a father sell his daughter as a sexual servant (When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go as male slaves do. If she has not pleased her master, who has designated her for himself then he shall let her be redeemed. . .-EXODUS 21:7-11) the bible is no place to look for moral standards!
We must not allow this kind of ignorance to continue and thrive in our nation and in other nations around the globe!
Viva La Revolution!

-Thomas Pynk


"In fact, if christ himself stood in my way i, like nietzsche, would not hesitate to squash him like a bug!"-Ernesto "Che" Guvera

© 2010 Thomas Pynk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

christ himself did, actually, stand in my way once. and, i too, killed him...like i once had to kill a diseased lamb that was in great pain. i killed him because he needed to be set free. at long last.

but i continue to despise the killing i must do.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hehe. Interesting. However, I would have to disagree that it's not so clear and simple as to say that religion is a disease and inherently evil. It can be used for evil, but surely the fault lies with mankind, not an abstract concept. If religion didn't exist, would humans not find another excuse?

I'm not a religious person, but I have studied the sociology of religion at uni. Not a big fan of organized religion either, and their (often) sexist approach. Though I take a more Marxist view - that the economic base reflects the social superstructure. The role of gender has changed historically in religion, and you can see it happens parallel to women's influence in the economic sphere (from hunter gatherer's societies until now).

Moreover, from my perspective, science can be considered the new (gender-neutral) "religion". We believe in many abstract terms (atoms, gravity, etc) based on the written word. And a lot of good and evil deeds have been performed in its name.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting. Especially this line:

"All that religion has done throughout its entire history is give man reason to kill, steal, and enslave."

Because I'm sure if religion was never conjured, we'd never have found scapegoats for those things, of course.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 10, 2010
Last Updated on January 10, 2010