Death Letter

Death Letter

A Story by tomtomkid

Dear Katie,
I just wanted to say that I love you and Attysson more then anything in this world. In fact, you both are my world. Every time there is a lull in combat, or I am laying in my cot, I find myself holding my dog tags and thinking of you. I still have the pictures of you and Atty, on in each tag. I wish I could spend every waking moment with you. I wish I could wake up in bed next to you, with Atty running and jumping on us to wake us up. I wish I didn't have be in this god for saken hell hole, taking lives and watching lives being taken. It's hard, not being home. But, I have to do it. 
I have to go now. We are having to suit up for battle. I don't want to go, but it is a must. If you are reading this, then either I am missing, or dead, or both. Hopefully you wont be reading this. 
See you soon babe. Tell Atty that I love her to the moon and back a thousand times. 
Love forever and for always,
James


A tear dropped onto the paper, as she began to cry. Katie heard the soft padding of feet on the floor. "You ok mommy? Why are you crying?"
Katie looked at her daughter, and burst out into tears, knowing she would have to tell her that her father would not be coming home. That he would be gone forever.

© 2013 tomtomkid


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on December 6, 2013
Last Updated on December 6, 2013

Author

tomtomkid
tomtomkid

About
Writing and reading are a favorite of mine(although I must admit that when writing by hand, I usually throw it away after about 1 and half pages o_o). I love quotes. If I had to pick a favorite author.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by tomtomkid