A story about soup

A story about soup

A Story by GhostlyAuthor

Stories are like soups. Some stories are warm and full of hearty laughter. Some stories are watered down with tears. Regardless of the type, stories, like soup, often leave you wishing for more. Perhaps then it's more than just a rare happenstance that this story is about soup.

*~❄~*

Cooks bustled about the large kitchen, hurrying to and for. They moved like clockwork around the hot stoves and bubbling pots. The smell of various spices and foods mixed together to create a mouthwatering aroma that permeated the air. The most distinguishable and luscious was that of the creamy mushroom soup. Warm and inciting, the fragrance wafted out the window and down the nose the young boy crouched underneath. In between tomato and parsley plants, the boy quivered at the thought of the soup.

"Oh, just to have a taste," the boy said to no one in particular. He entertained the idea if sneaking into the kitchen for a moment before dismissing it. He would caught sooner than he could say oops. Then again, just spoonful of soup would be well worth any punishment the cooks could dish out. He hesitated before scampering out from his hiding spot.

Flattening himself against the bricks, he scooted down the length of the wall. Peeking around the corner, he surveyed the entry to the manor's kitchens.

© 2013 GhostlyAuthor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

:) kinda leaves the reader in the soup ! I know you are going to finish this, but I do like your correlation of different soups are like different lifes !! Interesting view. Keep going brilliant young writer.... keep on going !

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was good as far as it went, but it didn't go anywhere.

Posted 11 Years Ago


GhostlyAuthor

11 Years Ago

Yes, it's not finished yet. I plan on finishing it as soon as I am able to.
Nice story, but it does end somewhat abruptly and makes the reader think 'what, that was it?' It comes off as a little unfinished and I do believe it must be, since I don't think the ending you've given here is what you've intended. Your words are somewhat awkward in places, but you've got the general idea down, and your concept draws the reader in. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


GhostlyAuthor

11 Years Ago

Thank you. Yes, it is not finished yet, I've only posted what I have written. I do plan on finishing.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on February 18, 2013
Tags: Soup boy mischief

Author

GhostlyAuthor
GhostlyAuthor

NC



About
I love to write and hope you enjoy reading my work. more..

Writing
Clouds Clouds

A Poem by GhostlyAuthor