Why

Why

A Poem by Mauricio Montoya
"

who am I

"

Why

 

I cannot stop a forceful move

Nor move it when it decides to stop

I avoid the depths of water,

because I’m not prepared

Nor fly,

For I have no wings

 I am, only me

Surround by these questions.

Therefore,

Let me not be-filled ,

With the illusion of control.

For I am me

In this vast universe

Of uncertainty

 

By Mauricio Montoya

© 2012 Mauricio Montoya


Author's Note

Mauricio Montoya
Everybody seems to have an answer in what I should do in life and I’m surrounded by egos so this came to mind I don’t know if it will make any sense but there was a yearning to write it. so please give me your honest opinion as to what you see in this piece.
Thank you
Mauricio

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have thought about this; you expressed this elegantly and with sincere and insightful emotion. Every day, we can ask why and every day the answer will change - depending on who you ask and how they see life; depending on what they were exposed to and depending how they want to shape your mind. Writing has helped me not ask others why anymore....Writing has helped me to see what is and learn each day how the what is, is becoming what was....then my answers to Why are learned. We are all given a chance at life; perhaps some of us to enjoy it; to fulfill a purpose or to just experience something and leave a trail behind for someone else...thank you for the trail.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved that you expressed yourself so well, and how everyone always thinks they know what is best for you. I to am bombarded by those who think this way, so do I comform to their way of thinking or go my own way. We all must decide for ourself what is best for us, great writing Mauricio. The only word I would change is " Surround" and change it to " surrounded"; it would fit better, making it seem like there are more than one person.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Remove the ego, and there you go,all worry springs from doubt, so build on something stronger then a belief,and just be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


People have certain expectations of themselves, and that's where they should remain...to themselves. No one should place expectations on you. Only you know who you are. Be comfortable in that, and pay no mind to those who don't understand.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As we grow older we learn that the things we do are not who we are. The journey to ourselves is often not what we expected, it certainly not what our parents teachers and the world wants us to be. To walk in your truth is the hardest of journeys and sometimes we never discover that truth in one lifetime.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are no certitudes, and the illusion of control is just that: an illusion. These lines show that awareness.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now that you have written about WHY why not try writing about WHAT IF?

Posted 12 Years Ago


What I understood and well written Mauricio , is that you still need to gather up more energy, more self esteem so you can get up from your comfort zone. that is what I understood. You have opened up many wounds they need to heal.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You may be just you But is a thought not grander and larger than the universe?

Posted 12 Years Ago


There is great wisdom here, its very clever in content. I love it x

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mauricio i love this piece
This poem is perfect in every way and Profound and powerful
Your words are fill with life's wisdom
and i love the tone and questions,flow i love all of it its excellent
I truly agreed with your words!
Kudos my friend XXXX.....Yolie

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

727 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 3, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2012

Author

Mauricio Montoya
Mauricio Montoya

oakland, CA



About
Love to draw and cook from time to time, when I'm not drawing I’ll write poems. My favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Dream My Dream

A Story by Tate Morgan