Road Trip

Road Trip

A Poem by Mauricio Montoya
"

setting roots

"

Road Trip

 

 

No funds to fare and all the tickets are sold

Stepping to nowhere too long by far

 only beyond the threshold

In a dark blue hue, lies the North Star

Can this vision be so simple?

Like a pebble skipping across the water

I would say

Its distance just tripled

Should I then be like a stone and roll?

No regrets no losses

Accept what life tosses

Because schedule's are subject to change

And time tables to a tune they sway

In the end our struggle and everything

Becomes fair game

Win or lose

I can't go back

No matter what I choose

I must stay on track

Because for now

I’m freestanding

 

 

By Mauricio Montoya

 

© 2017 Mauricio Montoya


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Mauricio Montoya
As some of you know I’ve been on the road for the last two years going from town to town I think I’ve reach my limit yet I am not content in where I’m at, so I wrote this in order to find closure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Back on track? Do you really want to go there? Maybe your soul is a free spirit never wanting to be on a track at all.
I pray you find contentment and settle once and for all in a place that feels so comfortable that you think you're in heaven and so will flourish in mind and soul.
Very well put here, describing your anxiety.
So kind to share.. Thank you
Take care
Be safe
Be happy

Babs xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Pretty much sums up life. We're in it for keeps.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

there is something very appealing about living on the road, I am very untravelled flying for the first time later this year. I hope you find that which will fill you with content, great write Mauricio.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some really great rhythm and rhymes in here. Yours is the struggle to find balance between the static life and a rolling stone:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


No regrets - it's such an awesome ideal and can be so hard to actually achieve. Finally realizing you are free, and letting the rest of the world know it - that, I think is even better.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful love, good to read you again! :) You seem as though you are grounded in your decisions :) Great write xoxo

Posted 11 Years Ago


When the time is right and the feeling is there you will know it. Sometimes the restless spirit must stand still, restore and move on again at a later point when the moment is right. You will find that place to call home, and usually that happens when love is found. I wish you well and hope you find peace within your spirit that likes to roam across the earth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really great stuff here, Mauricio. There are lessons to be learned here, and your wise words get the stone rolling. (no pun intended)
Could be one of your best.
I very much enjoyed this. Gracias!

Posted 11 Years Ago


THis is really good. Very unusual take.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Back on track? Do you really want to go there? Maybe your soul is a free spirit never wanting to be on a track at all.
I pray you find contentment and settle once and for all in a place that feels so comfortable that you think you're in heaven and so will flourish in mind and soul.
Very well put here, describing your anxiety.
So kind to share.. Thank you
Take care
Be safe
Be happy

Babs xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

'Like a pebble that skips across water' - i've never thought of a human being having a life like that, thank you for that thought. And even more thanks for sharing your wonderful words and the journey you're still taking after all this time, Mauricio.
Your life's been such a mix of happy and sad, good and terrible, but somehow your poetry shows a spirit that flies with the wind. Maybe tho' the time's come to stop looking for something you're blind to .. maybe roots, maybe love, maybe just sat sitting in a chair with familiar faces nearby.
You know, there could be a great novel or wonderful anthology of poems inside you just waiting to be written and published to great acclaim. You have a way of stating how things are but wrapped in phrases that make a person gasp .. ' In the end our struggle and everything ~ Becomes fair game ~ win or lose ~ I can not go back ~ No matter what I choose ~ I must get back on track ~ For now ~ I’m freestanding '
Whatever happens, God bless and - please, smile.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1997 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 10, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2017

Author

Mauricio Montoya
Mauricio Montoya

oakland, CA



About
Love to draw and cook from time to time, when I'm not drawing I’ll write poems. My favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan


My Dream My Dream

A Story by Tate Morgan