Loneliness

Loneliness

A Poem by tHe
"

No one wants to feel like this. Whats the point anyway?

"

Loneliness

There was a man, who owned a cat,

It liked the letterbox, so there it sat.

It was quite brave, but very small,

It wasn't fussed not worried at all.  

It'd watch the grass grow, day and night.

It'd go through rain, not a movement in sight.

Who knows what it was waiting for, was it the sun?

There were plenty of storms, but sun, there was none.

It would be dark all the time. no blue anywhere,

All it would do is sit still and stare.

The man in this story would call for his cat, he'd say, "come inside and sit on your mat".

"Why", the man thought, "is my cat out there, and why ahd he just given me that almighty glare?"

The cat would sit for years without eating, he'd stare into the distance, without changing his seating.

Until one day when the man walked out of his home, and went to sit next to the garden gnome.

He looked at his cat and knew what to do, he patted his fur and whispered, "I love you"

The cat walked in to the house with the man following, his heart was warm again, his face was glowing.

© 2012 tHe


Author's Note

tHe
I have just changed the second half, giving it a bit more of a... story line? Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, that's really deep. This poem is well written and teaches an important moral. Kudos to you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very well written. Compelling ending in that it inspires empathy for the man. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


As frank and simple as it can be, your poem has captured the feeling of lonliness from an outsider's point of view, so it is but obvious and writings it or reading it, in my case, will make you feel sad and create sympathy for that man with the cat. I enjoyed reading it, nevertheless. Its a beautiful poem. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how you captured an essence of loneliness in a simple, yet powerful poem. Great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It feels sad, honestly, but the poem is very nice. I liked the rhyming scheme, too. Keep it up :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A man and his cat. That image alone is sad.
Like the rhyming scheme, beginning to end.
Nice write

Posted 12 Years Ago


Reminds me of a creative writing teacher i had in high school...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved the last two lines. Thanks so much for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

738 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2012

Author

tHe
tHe

Australia



About
I am a passionate writer and i love to sing. Roald Dahl gives me inspiration, he is my favourite author/poet. I look up to him in many ways. So please enjoy my silly poems and rate and review, i am al.. more..

Writing
A New Home A New Home

A Poem by tHe


Happiness Happiness

A Poem by tHe


Yellow Yellow

A Poem by tHe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dream Dream

A Poem by Adam M. Snow