The Chill In The Air

The Chill In The Air

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Making the case for green renewable energy

"
As this winters wind blows where Jack Frost is even feeling frigid is yet another example of the brutal reality of our world. The recent wind chill of -114 recorded in New York state is just another example of how extreme our weather patterns have become. The world continues to be a tempest of extremes. From season to season there is no consistency. Either it is too hot, or too cold, or too dry or too wet. The continuing fluctuation of our climate is the one constant factor. And it has been that way for some time.

Over the last 60 years but, more importantly since the first industrial revolution mankind in their zeal for more power, control and wealth of nations has inadvertently unleashed climate scenarios right out of Hollywood disaster movies. The Day After Tomorrow, or 2012 are just some examples of film making imitating reality.

Mankind has before it an opportunity to usher in a new age of renewable green energy capable of quelling the many instances where extreme weather patterns contributed by our continued consumption of fossil fuels so often strikes. The scientific community firmly substantiates the fact that carbon emissions are a direct contributor to the many devastating catastrophic weather patterns that have only become more frequent and deadly. But, so far those changes have met with considerable resistance. With this years Climate Change conference some tangible results for nations to reduce carbon emissions were initiated but, unfortunately it was and still is not enough to create atmospheric conditions capable of reversing the damage already caused by mans indifference to the overall health of our planet.

Questions arise out of our reluctance to accept scientific evidence. This reluctance mainly by the Republican party as a whole are still not convinced. It is well known that many of the power players within the Republican party have direct affiliations with "Big Oil". The most important question that has to be asked is: How many catastrophes and lives lost does it take before we as a rational society begin to realize that we actually do have the technology and the resources to prevent such devastation. Devastation inflicted by the wrath of nature caused by man himself. There again, unfortunately greed, ignorance, and apathy continue to rule mans actions.

Down through the ages man has succumbed to the temptation of greed and a lust for power. The business and financial climate of today is filled with major conglomerates whose only objective is motivated by greed. Profits at any cost is the prime justification for their behavior in which our whole planet continues to be a waste basket. The enormous amount of pollution and carbon emissions that continue to drain into our waterway, and oceans while the world over continues to choke on the pollution that is seeped into the air has become so poisoned by our continued consumption of fossil fuels.

Never before in the history of man has our planet seen such callous, careless and selfish destructive acts of a blatant disregard for the sanctity of life. There is only one choice left for man to make to save himself and the only home we have. The longer we delay on implementing that choice the sooner humanity will be faced with a scenario just as catastrophic as depicted in so many Hollywood disaster films. We have the technology, the resources, and the ability to make that choice a reality. To usher in the fuel sources that will power the third and final industrial revolution are right within our grasp. The only thing that is missing is the resolve by governments to make that choice happen.

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Problem is with most of government is that the movers and shakers are in the same club as the empire of oil head honchos; and almost without exception, they all spend their three score year and ten feathering their own nests and hang the future.

The tipping point has been reached and breached, but, Shhh, don't tell the punters.

T

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Problem is with most of government is that the movers and shakers are in the same club as the empire of oil head honchos; and almost without exception, they all spend their three score year and ten feathering their own nests and hang the future.

The tipping point has been reached and breached, but, Shhh, don't tell the punters.

T

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on February 15, 2016
Last Updated on February 15, 2016
Tags: Green energy, Solar gas, Solar power, Wind, and Magnetic power

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing