The Presumption Of Trump

The Presumption Of Trump

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Why Donald Trump is so popular today.

"
The presumption of Donald Trump is that he assumes the majority Americans will back him for President. This presumption by Trump though he really doesn't  realize it is based on three failings of our society. Failings to reverse the trends that have been undermining our nation for decades now. Questions have to be asked as to why our society especially our political process has eroded to a point where many other countries are now beginning to realize just how artificial many of our politicians really are.  
The growing appeal of Donald Trump signals the fact what many have noticed for some time. The United States has reached a point that only the implementation of radical reforms will stop the spiral of degeneration within our society. One of the most concerning factors of why this country faces such a quagmire has to do with the economic condition our whole country is in. The financial calamity of 2008 and the subsequent bailouts did nothing to quell the constant financial distress this nation has been in for over 30 years now. When we look at the actual numbers of the underemployed it is a very sad commentary for a nation that is supposed to be the wealthiest.  And, we still continue to do a very bad job of taking care of our own citizens. Too many are trapped in a seemingly endless cycle of having to as the saying goes " rob Peter to pay Paul". Very few are lucky enough to reach that ladder of upward mobility let alone be able to climb it. The presumption of Trump to think that he alone is capable of understanding the plight of so many while at the same time continues with his bravado stating he will make America great again is another falsehood.
Another maybe not so obvious reason why so many are infatuated with the persona of one Donald Trump has to do with years of disingenuous policies that have eroded our educational system going back to the late 1960's. A dumbing down if you will of much of our society has produced generations of educational inadequacies. In short many are susceptible to be coerced by the media and certain politicians, aka Trump, to accept behavior and rhetoric that are contrary to ones and the countries best interest.
In assuming the mantle of leadership where much of the notoriety is focused on Donald Trump is based on another facet of our society today. Our nation was founded on Christian values where "So help me God" played an internal role in our political arena as well in our everyday lives. But now we have become a nation to divisive where each religious sect is trying to impose their rational upon others. No longer is there an acceptance of tolerance where diversity is welcomed. We were a nation founded on the acceptance of diversity. But, what is occurring today are factions bent on intolerance. When Nativity scenes or the Ten Commandments are no longer accepted and deemed offensive to one's religious group or another is just another example of intolerance that is sweeping over the country.
When we really look at what has happened to the United States during the course of just a few decades it is quit understandable why when someone like Trump comes along many are eager to adopt his rhetoric as a sign that he understands just what the public needs to make America great again. Another presumption by Donald Trump that couldn't be farther from the truth.
  

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Trump is only a leading figure because he Speaks about things no one else does. Other than that he is trash! Also, just because he talks about them doesn't excuse the fact that he is making the election a political bash and trash talking other candidates. I do agree with you and it's weird that the "future" is aware that being tolerant is right but are at the same time becoming nitpicky with who it applies to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Trump is only a leading figure because he Speaks about things no one else does. Other than that he is trash! Also, just because he talks about them doesn't excuse the fact that he is making the election a political bash and trash talking other candidates. I do agree with you and it's weird that the "future" is aware that being tolerant is right but are at the same time becoming nitpicky with who it applies to.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 10, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2016
Tags: Politics, Trump

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing