Ripple Effect

Ripple Effect

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The economy in the US is actually in peril.

"
Ever since Senator Sanders launched his Presidential bid dispute all the news about how great our labor market is there has been a methodical leveraging of major corporations that are having a ripple effect being felt all across the country. The Internet has been posting warnings about our economy for years and yet the main stream media ignores, deems them not credible and just dismisses them as some crack pot's attempt to gain publicity.

Today, with much of the fan fare being led by the media following the Republican led circus has yet to grasp the fact that there actually is a ripple effect well on it's way to cripple what ever chance the United States has of ever reestablishing the Middle Class. The media is purposely deceiving the American public about job growth. The latest numbers reported by the media indicated that the US has added thousands of jobs in just the last month alone. The harsh reality though is quite the contrary when there continues to be job hemorrhaging that no amount of job gains could ever match. With the latest move by Boeing, one of Americas premier manufacture of airplanes, jettisoning  over 8,000 and counting jobs is in line with all the other major corporations, financial institutions, and even strong service industries whose profiteering CEO's continue their assault on the American worker. These CEO's are immune to the horror and the anguish of one loosing their financial independence. It is these CEO's whose stock options and gargantuan severance packages cushion them from the harsh realities facing the American worker today.

From the terrorist attacks in Europe, the increasing gun related tragedies here in the US, to the increasing scientific warnings about rising sea levels all are factors that should not contribute to an economic slow down and yet that is exactly what happens. What happened after 9/11 was an immediate contraction in our economy. Following the financial meltdown of 2008 another more devastating contraction in our economy occurred leaving millions destitute. Further crippling economic growth are the disingenuous policies that have been for years been a major contributor to massive job losses. Government officials consorting with the power elite have only entrenched their strangle hold on the American worker.

If you ever have noticed that after a terrorist attack, a disaster of nature whether it is a hurricane or tornado, or even some other man induced calamity millions of innocent people whether directly affected or not are so often casualties of such occurrences. Economic and financial devastation follows every time there is an disruption of the flow of humanity. Many have pointed out humanities grace and benevolence following such traumatic instances. And, yet too many times we are seeing profiteering in the wake of so much suffering and misery. Price gouging is an everyday occurrence when disaster strikes.  

What we are seeing today is a cover up by the media overshadowing the real financial and economic condition of the United States. This well orchestrated  ploy by the media is just another facet that is geared to keep the status-quo. The steady flow of capital to the wealthy while a continued contraction of economic growth for the majority of Americans remains the economic reality of life in the United States today. With a media complicit with this cover up to the existing economic reality of today the shock waves of either another terrorist attack or some other disaster will prove even more devastating to the economic and financial future of the US. The powers of corporate media are riding on the coat tails of political expediency. This all is in line with the mounting financial misfortunes facing millions of Americans.

For all those whose livelihoods that are interrupted to the point of having to rely on those still existing safety nets it is understandable why there is so much distention and discord in America today. The growing gullibility of the American public to be beguiled by the main stream media and some of our infamous Presidential candidates to believe that all is well and good is another result of what has happened to our society today. This, when in actuality the US is poised to drown by the ripple effect of economic contractions that are leaving millions so impoverished it will be equivalent to living conditions in third world countries. Is this the future we want to bequeath to our future generations?   

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016
Tags: Economics, financial, Economy

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing