Our Time

Our Time

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The Presidential primary season is ripe with corruption

"
Some say our time will come while others are not so sure better times are ahead. But, when we look back to just 50 years ago many of our parents who came through the Great Depression and World War II their time actually did come. In this years Presidential election cycle just could be yet another instance where our time has now arrived. There are many factors as to why it is this years Presidential election signifies that our time could lie ahead. Many have already said that the future is actually in our hands. In a democracy who and what we vote for precludes what kind of future our children inherit. Suffice to say it is this Presidential election that will determine what that kind of future we actually will have.
 
In looking back over the past 30 years there has been a growing frustration manifested out of disingenuous policies perpetrated by our own government. The frustration that so many feel along with so much adversity too many face have joined in unison raising their voices only to have fallen on the deaf ears of our own elected officials. But, ever since the onset of this years primary season the faceless multitudes whose voices were never really heard have rallied around certain candidates who have now heard their cries. The adversity that so many face has transformed the landscape of a nation.
 
We are supposed to be in an age of enlightenment where science, technology and medicine have opened up doors of opportunities to ease the rigors of life. Yet, we have on the national stage those who continue to lament on the negativity of our existence. And, still to many others are left out in the cold unable to benefit from all that has been devised.  If it really is our time the light of hope, opportunity and prosperity for all will come once more. But, in order for that beacon to shine once again this nation must cast off the yolk of corruption embedded in our political process.
 
For too long the strangle hold our elected officials and leaders of the corporate world have over millions of Americans has only enriched the power elite. Enriched to the point where the majority have been held captive on that vine of lost opportunities. With Wall Street reaching another record level it is quite understandable why so many incumbents want to keep the status-quo. For too long it is the status-quo why so many feel frustrated and face so much adversity in the land of the plenty.
 
Our time, is it really here? Or are we forever doomed to languish in quiet desperation hoping for better times ahead? These are the most quintessential question this election will answer. But, with a political system that is so broken where one person one vote is inconsequential serious questions arrive about the legitimacy of our political process.
 
What happened in the New York primary is just another example where votes couldn't be counted. From faulty ballot boxes, to the purging of voters,  to the rigorous process one has to go through just to register to vote, to states whose own requirements stipulate only certain registered voters are able to vote all are indications that are set to be an advantage for one particular candidate over another. It is this Presidential election season that has been wrought with contingencies that strongly suggest and has all the implications of improprieties that favor a predetermined favorite candidate.
 
The question remains then if this is our time will it actually happen? The power to change and ensure that our time arrives is within all of us. But, when there remains so much discord, distention and corruption too many are blinded unable to see what that future could be. Still, there is a glimmer of hope that the light of reason will prevail ensuring that our time lies just ahead.

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on April 20, 2016
Last Updated on April 20, 2016
Tags: Politics, corruption, votes

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing