Flames Of Desire

Flames Of Desire

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Reliving the loves of one's life

"
An emotion so primal where the flames of desire have once again risen keep reoccurring in the recesses of my mind. Like ghosts of long lost loves which have come back is a haunting reminder of the past. The one that past away all too soon and the one that got away those many years ago where the memories are as clear and picturesque as glimmering snow capped mountains have once again stirred flames of desire of the memories I hold dear.

Fate has dealt it's hand in more ways than one. For me I have managed to stay afloat in the ocean of life. Nor have I clung to lifeboats that passed my way. It seems I have been swimming all my life. Mainly against the current.  Now, in the autumn of my years to turn back the clock of time where in a distant place memories are as fresh as newly fallen snow. To relive again those moments that made these wondrous memories, knowing full well you only will repeat the mistakes that were made is just an after thought in the reality of now.

To enter Peabodies way back machine and reenter a world that was once heaven and earth, where the flames of desire reached a fever pitch in loves sweet embrace only to burn out leaving smoldering ashes because of choices made and the hand of fate that was dealt. Could it have been different knowing what we know now? Pondering the what if's we always question. In retro speck now only to come away with still more questions.

The path taken in life has many cross-roads and detours. When we turned right years later we realize we should have made that left turn. Like that old Bugs Bunny cartoon "Gee I should have made that left turn in Albuquerque" sums up the regrettable moments in the paths we all take. But, undaunted we all should trudge on forever keeping alive a flame of desire. Where twice in a lifetime I was so fortunate to have held those memories that stirred and ignited flames so hot. I now know those moments we shared were fleeting at best. But, now they linger like whispering shadows that keep encouraging life to go forth. It is those flickers of the flames of desire keep alive the loves of my life. For they continue to share my soul.
 
We all should have moments to remember. Like pages flowing through the mind keeping vigil over your soul.  They are the essence of who we are, what we can be, and what we should do in a life that is so precious. Not wasting even a minute in a life that is so dear. Every moment shared with the one you love where the flames of desire flair is ecstasy beyond compare.

 

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Profound and insightful are the two words that come to mind after reading this story. Job well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I love your writing style.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2016
Last Updated on April 23, 2016
Tags: love, romance

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing