The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

This years Presidential primary is unquestionably the most corrupt in recent history.

"
The times are a changing. And let's be clear the times today are a far cry from the days of yesteryear. As this Presidential primary season continues to unfold we are witnessed to a new norm in American politics. Sad to say from the results so far indicate that there is so much corruption within the political process today. The establishment in both parties continue to rewrite rules and procedures that have only entrench the status-quo. And in doing so have  encouraged their chosen candidates to further their cause. When one or two candidates comes along that challenges the status-quo the conventional wisdom by the establishment is to do everything possible to discourage, discredit and even go so far as rigging election polls to make sure that these candidates will never become a bona fide contender for the right to challenge and uproot the status-quo.
 
Today, the citizen voter is now eliminated because of the way our system has been changed. And, in light of what has happened in many states primaries where the voter is denied access to vote because of rule changes, or ballot boxes were un functional, or in many cases voters were purged from their respective party affiliations just goes to show how far the establishment goes to prevent a particular candidate from being a threat to the established rule of order. And, when you have people in the media whether they are radio or TV personalities emphatically state when many question the voting irregularities "More than likely it's an operator error issue (stupid voters who can't follow instructions), which doesn't make an election voidable" just goes to show how deep the corruption and bias is toward the establishment's favorite candidate.
 
Another fact to consider is that the two so called front runners of the established political parties have a nation wide approval rating the lowest of any Presidential candidate in the history of the United States. This in itself is a real indication of the direction this country has been going and will continue to go if any one of these two is elected into the White House. With approval ratings this low and still are poised to gain access to the highest office in America is yet another example of how far this country has strayed from the political and economic climate we had just 50 years ago. A very sad commentary for the state of the Union today.
 
Now there comes a relative new comer to the national stage with ideas whose time has really come and yet to the establishment wanting to keep the status quo have done their part in keeping his dark horse candidacy from gaining ground. Playing the game that is already stacked in favor of the predetermined choice of the establishment has made it quite obvious that the political process is as crooked as it gets. Even now establishment in  America is unwilling to accept a candidate whose own rhetoric spells disruption and an ushering in of progressive policies that would totally revolutionize the existing status-quo.
 
It seems we are our own worst enemy. In an age of enlightenment where instant communication is at every ones fingertips we could assume the public would be wise enough to see a wolf in sheep's clothing. And, yet so far we are playing right into the hands of the established order that has only perpetuated the status-quo. A status-quo that has decimated the middle class and further pushed this nation down a very slippery slope of economic disaster.
 
Questions arise faster than a speeding bullet. Are we as a nation doomed to suffer the inadequacies of a political candidate whose own ambition is to self perpetuate the status-quo? Or a candidate whose own self glorification prevents the realization of the hope and dreams of all Americans? Will the light of logic and reason break through the dark clouds of deception and deceit? If this nation wants to answer these questions and usher in a new day of hope, prosperity and security no longer can we accept the status-quo. Only a dark horse with the wisdom to see beyond the clouds of deception and deceit will succeed in rewriting the status-quo so that all will be able to have a better quality of life in America today and for future generations to come. 
 
 
 

© 2016 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
Added on April 27, 2016
Last Updated on April 27, 2016
Tags: politics, election, corruption

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing