Scapegoat

Scapegoat

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Two separate incidents that show how our government is using the people to cover-up their own inefficiencies.

"
Through-out history leaders have always tried to put blame on others for their rationale. Whether their ventures were successful or not the decisions they made affected so many others in ways that seem almost incomprehensible. History is full of incidents where people of authority take great pains to put blame on certain individuals who no fault of their own did what was required of them. This is especially true in times of great adversity and yet when tragedy struck they are accused and too often convicted through their actions as the cause of that tragedy. It has been proven time and time again these accusers were actually trying to cover-up from their own inefficiency.

Today, we have the Trump Administration amounting to do what would be a similar case in point. When he proposes to substitute the Food Stamp program with governmental harvest boxes just shows of the inadequacies of the rationale of Trump and too many Republicans. Under the guise of saving billions of dollars by eliminating Food Stamps this proposed whim will actually cripple the economy, not to mention put millions at severe health risks. When millions of people are forced to eat government issued food no longer are they able to make that healthy food choice to maintain their health.

What this shows is that our own government has now taken individualism out of the American way of life. Remember the rugged pioneers whose own individualism won the west. Well a whole new era is about to engulf the American public if we allow this to happen. This proposed budget it is the people who are blamed for governmental inefficiencies that have been dominating the American public for far too long. Trump and company have displayed numerous times that they have no intention of ending poverty, improving the health of the nation, and securing real economic growth for all. We have to remember the health of a nation is contingent on the overall health of all the people. What Trump is doing is putting blame on the impoverished multitudes for their own misfortunes when in actuality it is the government whose policies for years have placed millions unable to climb that ladder of equal opportunity. This all the while Trump is covering up his own incompetence.

It was during the tail end of World War II that we are first reminded of how government has put blame on an individual to cover-up for their own inefficiencies. The Captain of the USS  Indianapolis was convicted by the higher archly of the US Navy. A scapegoat if you will much like what is happening to millions of Americans today. The legacy of the USS Indianapolis remains a definitive moment that underscores how the Navy and our government put blame on an individual. And, in this case Captain McVay III, for the sinking of the Indianapolis. The fact of the matter is that the Navy and our government new all along of Japanese submarines were in the area where the Indianapolis was sailing but never told Captain McVay and sent the ship into harms way unescorted anyway. Worse yet the Navy failed to notice that the ship never made port all the while hundreds of American Sailors died needlessly at sea.

The ship's captain survived was subsequently court-martialed and convicted of "hazarding his ship by failing to zigzag" despite overwhelming evidence that the Navy itself had placed the ship in harm's way. Even when the testimony from the Japanese submarine commander was introduced he stipulated that zigzagging would have made no difference. When we take into account of the total number of navy ships lost or sunk during the war McVay was the only captain to be court-martialed. Evidence proved McVay was a scapegoat for the mistakes of the Navy and our own government. 

Two completely different incidents but point to a direct link that our government with Trump and the Republicans and back to the end of the War unrelated incidents prove that history is ripe with repeating though different scenarios. But, all have the same characteristics that indicate our government has no intention of putting blame where it really belongs.




















































© 2018 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
Added on February 14, 2018
Last Updated on February 14, 2018
Tags: Food Stamps, Trump, Captain McVay

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing
Christmas Time Christmas Time

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams


The Edge of Darkness The Edge of Darkness

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams


A Startling Revelation A Startling Revelation

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams