Birthright Deportation

Birthright Deportation

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The Trump Administration is attempting to change the constitution for political gain

"
In the Autumn of this year our Fearless Leader in Washington is set to alter the Constitution in many ways. But, the 14th Amendment is the focus that President Trump wants to abolish. Our Founding Fathers in their infinite wisdom stipulated want constitutes citizenship and now Trump is again trashing the Constitution for his own political gain. Instead on focusing on total immigration reform which is surely needed Trump is again agitating millions of Americans with his rhetoric about eliminating birthright citizenship. With a bravado for circumventing the truth Trump is fraudulently claiming that birthright citizens have no place in America today. Bear in mind that if Trump gets his way millions of already American citizens could very well be deported just as inhumanly as this Administration has done in the past.  The cost would be a deathblow to the U.S. economy. The fact of the matter is currently there are still over 65% of undocumented immigrants already living and working in the US. And they have been her for over ten years. 

Questions have to be asked in light of people just like Henry James. Henry James is like so many millions of other Americans that have questionable ties to the past. Like millions of already Americans their parents immigrated to the United States many of whom arrived prior to 1920. Henry's parents came to the US as children themselves between 1905 and 1911. They met in New York and were married in 1927. In 1934 Henry was born in New Your city. It is Henry James contention that his status as a descendant of ancestors that were undocumented immigrants his birthright citizenship is now in question. This accordingly to one Donald Trump. After all these years of achieving the so called American Dream, paid millions in taxes over the course of 60 years or so, and improved the quality of life for himself and his family now to be faced with the real possibility of loosing it all is the reality facing not only Henry James but countless others who are in the same boat.

All this is happening just because Donald Trump is accusing those birthright citizens of costing the United States billions of dollars. The fact of the matter is Donald Trump fabricates just about everything. It is a sad state of affairs when a sitting President is attempting to either ignore the rule of law or to impose his own interpretation of the Constitution for his own personal and political gain. Again both reflect a President who cares not for the American public and the Constitution is which he is sworn to serve. Millions of birthright citizens like Henry James actually do contribute much to the US economy while Trump by all indications continues to undermine the US economy.

If the President gets his way and is actually able to sign an executive order to revoke citizenship of children born in the US of undocumented immigrants can people like Henry James be deported? Just think of the astronomical cost involved in deporting millions of people that were born in the US whose parents were undocumented aliens. The US economy is fragile enough. Another question is this: if and when this President signs this executive order Henry James and millions of others will now be classified as an illegal resident. Now, millions of tax paying residents will no longer contribute to the United States economy. All because Donald Trump is fixated on eliminating birthright citizenship. 

The Constitution is specific enough and if Donald Trump is able to bend the Constitution to his will this sets a very dangerous precedent. Furthermore millions of people like Henry James will be people whose country they were born in will now be without a country to call home. A very sad commentary for our times.

© 2018 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on November 4, 2018
Last Updated on November 4, 2018
Tags: Immigration

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing