Seasons In The Sun

Seasons In The Sun

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The times of my youth bring back precious memories

"
When I recently heard the Kingston Trio rendition of "Seasons In The Sun" so many precious memories that had been long forgotten opened up a kaleidoscope of images of the many summers that were spent on the beautiful shores of Lake Geneva. Through-out all those summers friendships were forged and romances blossomed. It really was as though "we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun." As those seasons came and went the bonds that we shared too many have faded away. Now, all that was left were distant memories. 

Remembering those times it was my tempestuous youth that made me the black sheep of my family. Somewhat rebellious I was back then for I had developed an independent streak by the time I reached the age of 13. The spontaneity of my actions many a time didn't turn out so well. But, in all those seasons in the sun much can be said about those wondrous days when we had fun relishing in those seasons in the sun. Though much has changed in the years that have gone by. Saddened by what has transpired since. The world that we knew has somehow been replaced by a more somber, more sinister and darkened realm of reality. 

It is too bad the youth of today can't experience the simple pleasures of the times when I had fun in those seasons in the sun. Now, the world is spinning out of control, more convoluted more complex. The technology that has made life seem to be easier somehow has made the world more dangerous where in a blink of an eye no one will be able to enjoy any season in the sun. The sweet smell of fresh morning air of my youth has turned pungent by man's hostility toward humanity and nature. 

It is as though hate, greed and selfishness are the dominant human traits of too many today. To contemplate the future too many questions need to be resolved if we are to have anymore times when we can say we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. Those that are questioning humanities fate too many wrong answers have always been put in play. 

Now, as the Autumn years have settled in I often ask can there be any hope for brighter days ahead when so little effort is made to do so? The progress toward that better world where people everywhere can experience like I did so many years ago where we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun has become so ever  elusive. With each setting of the sun diminishes the likelihood that millions the world over will be able to find joy where they all can have new seasons basking in the warm summer sun.

© 2018 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on November 23, 2018
Last Updated on November 23, 2018
Tags: memories

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing