High Crimes

High Crimes

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Today even with this new Congress the corruption continues within the Trump Administration.

"
In the history of the United States there has never been a President who openly displays such arrogance and contempt for the rule of law. His contentious behavior as shown by his unwillingness to compromise has pushed the country so far apart it will take nothing short of a revolution to pull this nation together. 

When we take a hard look at what is actually happening in the United States today regardless of what the main stream media keeps reporting we find a country so decimated by the growing numbers of homelessness that have made practically every city in the US look like we are a third world nation. In fact the United States has sank so low because of the growing numbers of impoverished citizens. Yet, the media keeps focusing on Trump's claim that a boarder wall is so necessary for the stability of America. He and too many in Congress are too blind to see that the United States is literally falling apart.

The American people are being held hostage by an ineffective government and an Administration whose gross negligence and unwillingness to implement reforms. Much needed reforms that would pull this nation out of the depths of despair. We have been sinking lower into third world status for far too long. Meanwhile, the Trump Administration continues to add another dimension in the misery of this nation, a nation who truly has lost it's way.   

There is plenty of blame to go around for the travesties that are playing out today. The two party system that we have has become so bloated with Corporate interests and cash they remain oblivious to the mounting urgencies that threaten this nation from within. With the media tied to Corporate interests as well has only exasperated the troubles of a nation and have done nothing to shoulder responsibility in allowing an Administration get away with the actions and rhetoric that has only incited the division that is pulling this nation apart.

The cries of the impoverished millions have really never been heard. And if some in government do actually hear their cries their voices soon become silent. Silenced by an overbearing corrupt governmental officials and a media who is complicit in their corruption. To actually see what is happening in America today is to walk through if you dare in any city. The travesties of injustice are overwhelming to witness. Millions through-out the nation have become so destitute while we have leaders in government and an Administration transfixed on an agenda that is so far removed from solving the real problems facing this nation.

The reputation of the United States has been tarnished, to say the least, by the foul stench coming from an Administration who cares not for the people or the original Constitution. The Republican party as well as the hierarchy of the DNC hat have made it clear and even the media is complicit that any attempt to invoke radical change will be squashed. Just look at how the media and the DNC went out of their way using criminal means to sabotage Bernie Sanders in 2016. 

It is radical change that is so necessary if we as a nation ever expects to survive. Yet, some might call this  approach by the Trump Administration radical on his insistence that a boarder wall is desperately needed is definitely not the right kind of change we need and the majority don't want. Yet, the callousness in which this Administration has played it's hand by and a government that has allowed this shutdown to continue over this boarder wall issue is a high crime against the American public. Just ask the hundreds of thousands on now unemployed and non paid government workers.  

Until the American people wake up and realize that without radical reforms being implemented this nation will continue to suffer the high crimes committed against the majority of Americans. Even with this new Congress those radical changes that some in government advocate will still not be realized until we have an Administration, congress and the media that is accountable to the people instead of Corporate interests.  






© 2019 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on January 6, 2019
Last Updated on January 6, 2019
Tags: Crime, corruption, Trump, Congress

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing