Inside Out

Inside Out

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

How life decisions can turn a persons life inside out.

"



Ever wonder how life can be turned upside down or inside out. We are all tempted when we are attracted to something or someone to act upon that impulse. In so many instances the consequences of those actions most likely will prove disastrous. On the other hand the actions brought on by temptation one could say the end result was a justification of an instance where you felt justified in that action. We can also say that impulse brought personal satisfaction all the while knowing it was wrong to do so.

The question arises what makes individuals succumb to temptation and have their lives turned inside out? Ever since Adam and Eve mankind has always given in to one sort of temptation or another. Many scholars have long thought that man is given an innate ability to choose. And it is through education we develop the ability to chose right from wrong and from what is conscionable and what is unconscionable. When we choose the latter of the two our lives are then turned inside out. In many cases when one has acted upon a temptation in many instances they find it almost impossible to make things right again. There is some truth to the saying some mistakes we never stop paying the price for.

There have been many individuals all through-out history whose lives were turned inside out. It was either by the decisions they made or by outside influences that coerced them to make those decisions that ultimately turned their lives inside out. By their actions history has always been impacted. When we really think about it when lives are turned inside out it is all because a person is influenced by forces to act contrary to what they have been taught. Another way a persons life turns upside down is from what they have been dong all along knowing that what they are about to do goes against what as being right and conscionable but goes ahead anyway. In that regard that persons life is turned inside out. Not only does the actions brought on by temptations affect that one individual but affects others as well. And, in so many instances those people become victims or willing participants of those actions.

From diabolical rulers to the many ruthless leaders of today the consequences of their actions have always tarnished their legacy had their lives not been turned inside out. For some may have been unwittingly coursed while others are oblivious to what their actions have done are are still doing. Through their actions a legacy they could have left has now been tarnished beyond repair. For example, in the 20th century Adolf Hitler could have left a last legacy. But, through his actions brought about global terror. The consequences of Hitler's actions millions the world over were unwilling victims. The atrocities and shear brutality of his actions left a legacy of terror and mayhem. And today the actions of President Trump his legacy is already tarnished.

In simple every day lives of many their lives too some have had their life turned from good to bad by the choices and decisions they have made. Many have felt the temptation was too good to pass up.Take the case of one Tom Jones. His life was mundane filled with not variety but a steady routine of simple pleasures. Everyday Tom went about his day no deviation from work, gym, and home. The moment Tom's life turned upside down began when he ran into Anita, an old classmate. After college Anita went to Europe to further her studies. That was 25 years ago. But, upon seeing Anita again and how beautiful she became a desire within Tom took hold. 

Little did Tom realize Anita was now a courier for a Mexican drug cartel. The web of lies she told Tom only entrenched his desire. The trap she was setting to lure Tom into her life of crime where fast money fueled the adrenalin rush of escaping from his ordinary life. This was the temptation that seemed too good to be true. What tom forgot was that old saying if something seems too good to be true it usually is. What Anita was doing was using lies as a ploy to lure Tom into doing something either criminal or against what they precieve as a bonafide truth. In this instance what Tom's actions will do by following Anita Tom's life has now turned inside out.

Are there more people like Tom today where their lives have succumbed to temptation? There are millions the world over that have fallen into actions knowing or are oblivious to what they are about to do or doing affects so many others in a most distressful way. Only through education can mankind weather the storms of temptations that entrap themselves into turning their lives inside out. 

© 2019 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on March 21, 2019
Last Updated on March 21, 2019
Tags: Temptation

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing