Prologue: The New World

Prologue: The New World

A Chapter by tinytim12

'Would you like to change the world?'
The prisoner opened his eyes. His cell door was hanging open. He could make out two black shapes standing in front of him, their figures blotted out by the harsh light. There were two of them, a man and a woman.
'Who are you?' the prisoner said.
'Would you like to change the world?' the woman said. 
'Look at him,' the man said. 'He has a nice face. The face lunatics can love.'
'Who are you?' the prisoner tried again, struggling to a standing position. 
'I thought it would have been obvious, mate,' the man said. 'We're the ones who're going to change the world. And, as  it just so happens, we have an empty spot. So, what do you say?'
The prisoner tried to speak, to articulate his chaotic thoughts. The man and the woman waited silently for his answer. Other than the sound of his own breathing, the prisoner heard nothing else. The entire prison had gone dark.
'What..' he finally said, 'What are you planning to do?'
'Lots of things,' the man said. 'Things which would, rather regrettably take up too much of our valuable time to explain. Don't worry, we'll fill you in on everything, once we bring you to our exalted leader.'
'...leader?'
'He was the one who recognised your talent,' the woman said.
'To put it simply, our exalted leader is one of the greatest men living on the planet,' the man said. 'Next to me, of course. But I digress. The very reason why we're standing in front of you right now is because of his vision. His passion.'
'So...he'll...give me a chance...?'
'Yup,' the man said. 'A chance to shine.'
Still, the prisoner hesitated.
'You like anarchy, don't you?' the man said after a moment.
The prisoner hadn't heard that word in a long time. Not in such a place as this. 'Anarchy,' he breathed, letting the word roll around his tongue. Something hot ignited in his mind.
'You're an anarchist, aren't you?' the man said. 'I love anarchists.'
'Our leader has chosen you,' the woman said.
'To be at the beginning of the new world.'
'To be at the beginning of Genesis.'
'Would you like to change the world?' the woman said softly.
'Yes,' the prisoner said, standing up straight. 'Yes, I f*****g would.'


© 2012 tinytim12


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
Added on February 19, 2012
Last Updated on February 20, 2012


Author

tinytim12
tinytim12

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore



About
I'm awesome. more..

Writing
Genesis Genesis

A Book by tinytim12