Miscarriage Of Good Intentions Written

Miscarriage Of Good Intentions Written

A Poem by Choosing Life

 

I know it shouldn't but it does.

 

Each line is cutting me as I write out my truths.

Searching to find some miracle under each letter.

Digging through words to become the creator

Of something greater than what I have come to know.

Promises and excuses are like synonyms rolling off of many tongues.

 

I know it shouldn't but it does.

 

Slicing me like razors and dipping me into alcohol

As I birth out fantasies and relive realities.

The inner workings of my dreams on a page

With legs wide opened, ready to be screwed by eyes

that only skim the page.

While I carry in me a child and feel labor pains.

Honesty should be like a salve but some how I miscarry.

 

I know it shouldn't but it does...

Hurt like hell.

© 2008 Choosing Life


Author's Note

Choosing Life
I don't think this piece is finished.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LL2
I do get a sense of completion, because of the beginning line being repeated at the end. Many times, I write, then stop, then write more a day or week later, and I'm not sure things are finished. I love the words, and the sounds in this poem, especially, 'fantasies and relieve realities' My favorite part is 'screwed by eyes that only skim the page' That says a lot.
Would you mind reviewing my poem? http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/luckylifetwo/529960/

Posted 14 Years Ago


This piece has so many dimensions to it. I really like the way you use descriptive words for the double meanings. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the title of this one because I just do. A beefy 10 syllabs. It makes me wonder what miscarriage, what intentions? So I would read this in any queue of titles. I like the repeat line and think this would make it perform well. I am fascinated by the way the creative mind works, the mix of intellect and feelings, why we write and how we write. OK it's not a new subject, but it is timelessly fascinating, especially as psychology evoles, supposedly. Creativity is a mad, wild, adventure, very exciting, but also painful at times. You focus on the pain here and the razors and legs akimbo give it strong impact. I wouldn't worry about it feeling unfinished as for it to be unfinished is in keeping with something miscarrying.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The vulnerability in this piece is quite honest and outstanding. Almost as if you're looking for a definite finality at the end of your verse; but it's like having a problem and trying to drink it away...in the morning your head hurts, but the feeling is still there.

Promises and excuses are like synonyms....there's let-down in this line, like you've become jaded.

This is a heavy piece, girl. I'm diggin' this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that it is finished. The way that you reuse the line of "It shouldn't but it does..." Really adds some tension to the piece. The flow to this piece was really inspired

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2008
Last Updated on April 2, 2008

Author

Choosing Life
Choosing Life

Closer To Me...Nearer to Thee



About
I work and go to school fulltime so sometimes I have to post and run. It is just me and my little Yorkie, Prissy~ I could say more but no need... Read me and know me... Be Well. If you just must kno.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..