MELODY

MELODY

A Story by CHRIS ANDES

MELODY


I don’t want to remember

the things we use to do,

All the things that reminds me of you...”


             As my last song syndrome started to attack again, the memory of the past flashed back at a glimpse of the song..

…it all started in the first grade, when two souls suddenly intertwine. I always feel intoxicated whenever I look around and see no familiar faces I want especially my mom, so I just sit there in the middle of the class, teary eyed, waiting for my superhero to fly me into the clouds , or an invisible friend who can talk to me like a human being or maybe just a ghost- rider- alien- sidekick in hairy body and big eyes like “ferbus” who will make me appreciate the existence of happiness. Well, expect the unexpected; a simple hand reached out towards me awakening my unconscious daydreaming imagination. A girl of gleaming eyes, stare at me as though she completely understands me. Between her smiles is a courteous welcome that seems so inviting, and then slowly spark our first approach of being friends.

              Days, weeks, years later of odds and ends brought me to realize that every stumble won’t happen again. Every time  she says “you can do it friend”, reached within my ears, yet still effective enough to give me courage; every music we’ve shared and internalize leave certain spots unto my heart; every equation we formulated in Math; every experiments in the lab, little by little hipper my hands to pitch again. Such never- ending sorry and goodbyes my ears longed for years. I never thought time can be so cruel ..to let me repeatedly realize how stupid I am to leave the words unsaid and done.

Regrets..

        It made me feel weak remembering my last high school birthday with her after she had given me the most precious gift, her smiles.

I wonder why the happier the memories recalled, the greater loneliness I feel, the opposite bounced me back, ironic, right? But this cold story of us never ends this way. The world of our own truly befriended by change. Now that our path converge in separate ways, all I’ve got was a memory, a song I love to sing, reminiscing the past that once brought me to wonderland. Hope there’s still chance for me to speak out those six letter word that spelled her name, MELODY.

                     “I don’t want to hear those songs

     the songs we use to sing,

Coz I don’t wanna feel

the pain in my heart”.

© 2013 CHRIS ANDES


Author's Note

CHRIS ANDES
for my best friend since grade 1 :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good. I enjoyed it, I especially love how you used bits of song in this and the ending:
"Now that our path converge in separate ways, all I’ve got was a memory, a song I love to sing, reminiscing the past that once brought me to wonderland. Hope there’s still chance for me to speak out those six letter word that spelled her name, MELODY."

Correction:
realize instead of 'ralize'
" I never thought time can be so cruel ..to let me repeatedly ralize how stupid I am to leave the words unsaid and done."

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful write. You manage to capture that moment where isolation turns to friendship, and the regret at letting a special person drift away. You paid homage to your friend beautifully~

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


what a great story! keep it up.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
Oh. You really are good. A born story teller. Sharing your memories like a skilled orator. Superb

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


this story si brilliant i really like it

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


you're past memories interwined with mine...really,,,but mine hurts..

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's really awesome and well written, just keep that precious memories...double like..:)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think you should hold on to those memories...Although longing for the past is heartbreaking you still have the memories...as bittersweet as it may be.
Remember her sweet smile. :)
I love this story! Nice write!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


A story with a logical ending. Sometime best to forget the memories and try to move on. Ain't easy. I like the description in the story and the emotion of the main character. Thank you for the excellent story.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's nice because we all can relate
Mine's named kiana and lives in Hawaii now
Sometimes its word formatting and all that bullshit that makes good writing,
Sometimes its just the genuine purity of human emotion that makes for good writing.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2012
Last Updated on December 3, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

CHRIS ANDES
CHRIS ANDES

[email protected]



About
as you decided to look at this profile you are actually opening a psychoelectromagnetic world of music. Any information that your intellectual curiousity desires to know just hit the mes.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..