Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Thea M. Joy
"

This is a work in progress. Don't have time to write a lot at a time.....bear with me.

"

 

                She was sitting alone on a bench in the middle of the city when he first saw her. Her head bowed, she appeared to be staring at nothing. That is, nothing but the concrete sidewalk beneath her feet. He watched her there for a while and wondered how he knew she was sad without seeing her face. Maybe it was the way her hands were folded together in her lap or the way she seemed to be a million miles away despite the constant flow of traffic and pedestrians, or perhaps because she didn’t seem to hear the incessant honking of a car alarm that was loud enough it might as well have been sitting on the bench next to her. Whatever it was, he just knew. He could feel it.
                When she finally lifted her head, she looked directly at him. As if she knew he was watching her. She offered a wan smile that was so faint it could barely be considered an actual smile. She held his gaze for just a moment and he saw that her eyes were tired. Not the kind of tired you get from lack of sleep, but the kind of tired caused by the combination of hard times and heartbreak.  She looks broken, he thought to himself. And with that thought she stood abruptly with a heavy sigh and walked away, disappearing into the crowd.
                He dreamed about her that way every night. He knew they were only dreams, but somehow, seeing her there gave him an awful sense of loneliness mixed with an unexplainable urgency. He looked for her everywhere he went but he never found her. Instead he was cursed with the same dream night after night. He had no idea who she was or why she lived in his dreams and still he was determined that somehow and someday he would find her.

© 2009 Thea M. Joy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thea I hope I get to read more of this story as it has a very interesting and captivating start. You have a great talent for you are able to see beyond your own self into other peoples feeling and hearts.
Keep up the good work.

It's really great .............................

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on January 11, 2009

Author

Thea M. Joy
Thea M. Joy

Baytown, TX



About
I haven't written much in quite some time now. Usually the only writing I do is in blogs or on Facebook... but, there has been a turn of events in my life that has brought up a bunch of new feelings. .. more..

Writing
Too Late Too Late

A Book by Thea M. Joy


One One

A Chapter by Thea M. Joy