Birth of Creation

Birth of Creation

A Story by elizander
"

this is an entry for a 'finish this....' contest

"

She looked up then back down to the bloody dagger in her hand, trying to remember what had happened.   The last thing she remembered was.....nothing. there was nothing but blank space where all the memories of her day had been. 

now she found herself looking around the sleek white tiled bathroom. the blade in her hand glinted in the light as she lifted it to her face. "where did i get this?"

 she turned the blade in her hand, more blood dripping down through the scrolled handle. the metal work vines and leaves that wound around the hilt looked so overgrown, but worn down where her fingers now sat perfectly. the leaves faded up into a soft gold along the base of the blade. the blade itself was inlaid with the same gold twisting vine design and what seemed to be words. Quinn looked closer. "Ptah...? The God of creation?" she shook her head, turning the blade over again. there was nothing else of signifigance. 

her next thought was of the blood, was it hers? if not then who's? Quinn, set the blade down on the floor beside her thigh before lifting her t-shirt up to her neck. she couldn't find and wounds, nor any on her arms and she ran her fingers gently down each of them. there was no blood anywhere around her except on the blade and her hands. 

Quinn pushed herself up from the floor, bracing herself against the marble counter of the sink when he legs gave way. "i must have been drugged." she ran the back of her hand over her forehead, wiping away the sweat forming on her skin. her eyes almost bugged out of her head when she saw her own reflection. 

her tan skin was glowing, maybe even shimmering? she thought. her clothing was far from anything she remembered owning either. the shirt she'd lifted was in fact ad silky white tank top that fell just bellow her a*s, her jeans were gone, but from her feet to her thighs were brown soft leather boots. a belt hung loose around her waist, a sheath attached. her eyes traveled down her right arm which was now covered in gold scroll work, very similar to the design on the hilt of the blade still laying in a pool of blood at her feet. 

taking a deep breath, Quinn leaned over and grabbed the dagger, placing it in the sink. rinsing the blood off quickly she place it in the sheath attached to her belt.

'Quinn....'  

her head whipped around to the door quickly. no one was there, but she could have sworn.

'Quinn....come, please....'

there it was again. keeping a loose hold on the wall for support, Quinn exited the bathroom, stepping hesitantly out into a bedroom. to her left there was a black wrought iron, shielded in red gauzy fabric. there were end tables on either side of it, but nothing more to decorate or furnish any part of the huge room. "so no place anyone could be hiding in here."

'Quinn....please....'

"who the f**k is here?!" she yelled staggering across the open space. 

Quinn made her way to the door frame, looking out now into an empty room, nothing across the entire.... her legs gave out then, forcing her to fall to the floor, one hand raising to her mouth in shock. 

her eyes were fixed on a far corner of the room, unable to speak from disbelief. 

there on the hard wood, laying a pile of blood, was Quinn.... she was reaching out across the open space towards the doorway where she now sat stone still. 

"please..." she called, her fingers twisting weakly.

she shook her head, hoping, wishing this was a dream. yet there she was, in her t-shirt and jeans, laying in a pool of blood she could only assume was her own. she was her though. wasn't she? she'd seen her own reflection, yet how could she be in two places, be two people? 

"the dagger!!" she whispered. working it quickly back out of it's sheath, Quinn searched the scroll work again for Ptah's name. she found it quickly, but was now more shocked to see her name beside it, there among the chaos of vines. "i don't...." she heard movement and looked back quickly to her doppelganger. she was right next to her, reaching for the blade. 

Quinn screamed, jumping up quickly and rushed for the door. it flew open, blinding her with light.....


she sat up quickly in bed, still screaming, sweat dripping from her. her head whipped quickly from side to side, searching frantically for the doppelganger covered in blood. there was nothing, nothing but her dark, cozy, quiet room. 

her breathing evened out slowly, her wet shirt clinging to her skin as she threw back the covers. swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, Quinn held her head in her hands, her dark hair hanging like a curtain around her. "what the f**k was that?" she breathed deep once more. 

a board creaked on the floor before her. 

Quinn lifted her eyes up slowly and all she saw was white before the dagger ripped into her abdomen. her own lavender eyes bored down at her while the blood pooled on her sheets. "please..." was all she could manage, grasping the wrist of her attacker, of herself, of....

"Ptah. yes, it's me. i'm sorry i took so long, but....." she paused, twisting the blade in deeper. "you've got something of mine. i need it back now." 

Quinn's fingers fell loose, her arm sagging to the mattress.

"i apologize for the pain, but it is necessary. all creation requires sacrifice, and you are mine. now i can be restored once more." 

she watched herself pull the dagger free, wipe it clean on the sheets, then replacing it in it's sheath.

"your sacrifice will be remembered. your sacrifice has brought back hope, remember that if nothing else in your next life Quinn. your sacrifice has restored creation."

those were the last words she heard, the last thoughts she had as she sank into black,seeing that dagger in her bloody hands..... 

 


© 2013 elizander


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really engoyed this! It has a wonderful decribtion of the dagger!

Posted 11 Years Ago


elizander

11 Years Ago

thank you :) glad to hear, i wasnt sure if the story would be easy to follow or not, but i'm happy y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013
Tags: death birth creation

Author

elizander
elizander

NY



About
i live in upstate NY; went to school for 3 years to become an art teacher but can no longer afford it; i love writing and do it on a regular basis, yet i rarely share my work more..

Writing
truth truth

A Story by elizander


1/8/13 1/8/13

A Story by elizander