The One Who Rose Above

The One Who Rose Above

A Poem by transentience
"

Kind of a sequel/reinterpretation of Ursula LeGuins classic.

"
Buried beneath the dancing depravity and rotted foot-chunks from those who tried to walk away, lay the corporeal remains of Omelas' perfectly forgotten flaw. Encased in mud and embalmed with s**t, the woeful little freak fertilizes their translucent tomb. Suffocated gasps send pressurized cracks across the hubristic lands. In emerald forests spiders get caught in a web of misunderstanding as they weave for the freedom of butterfly kisses. Leaves of maple trees come crashing down; from the wound a crimson ooze of sap decontaminates the ground. And the immaculate people atop their immaculate kingdom continue blissfully on in their immaculate ways. All the while, sprouting from the graves are hybrids of wings with eight-legged fangs--arachnisects infest to free the depraved. They take to the skies in a fluttering hue, hissing at people that scatter round their hallucinatory zoo. Beautifully, the morbidity redefines expectation. The surgeons of an alienistic creation nest into their skull-fucked gestations. A metamorphisis of celebration within the brains orgasmically wrapped cocoons. What sadistic pleasures of our kind; what turned avarice into wine and trickled down the thigh of viney womb? So plead the autocannibalistic shrill of Omelas in harmonious hymn; a parasitic dance shredding lust and romance from neglectfully shedded skin.

And what happened to that poor forgotten piece of a humanoid, grotesqued? That hideous anomaly of an ungodly disgrace? Well, let’s just say the arachnisects found perfection's flaw.

© 2017 transentience


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your style writer.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh wowie... The imagery... Oooh this piece was rather grand indeed. Just wow

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. The imagery was so well crafted, and I could definitely feel a sort of creepiness that kind of terrified me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

transentience

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your lovely words, your reaction was exactly what I wanted from this piece, heh. If yo.. read more
This is a mystical piece..such powerful description, and the 'words used' just makes it all the more intriguing to read. Well done

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

909 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2016
Last Updated on March 30, 2017
Tags: prose, poem, poetry, experimental, sequel, omelas, fantasy, science fiction, ursula leguin, the ones who walk away from omel

Author

transentience
transentience

Buena Park, CA



About
29. Writer, dreamer, musician, thinker, disabstractionist An empath who fights for what they believe in My mind is a blessing and a curse, but music keeps me balanced I tend to psychoanalyze .. more..

Writing