Rain Drops

Rain Drops

A Poem by thought_scriptor
"

“Rain is a lullaby heard through a thick, isolating blanket of clouds. It is the tinkling harp of water droplets; a moist breath whistling through willow reeds.

"
Rain Drops.
Drops of water they are. 
Mere drops of water?!!
they wash and cleanse, drain the dry river beds, a symbol of hope and prosperity to many.
For few of us sitting in our plush offices, it's a subject of fascination, reuniting us with our childhood memories.
Rain washed Glass Panel...To many others sharing the same office, it's an obligation, for they would not reach their destination on time.
For a Country Man, rain drops symbolize hope. 
After all, it's only when the raindrops kiss the dry arid surface of the earth does a drought-stricken land transform into lush green scenery sprinkled with farmland.
To the Middle Eastern parts of Asia.
Amidst layers of piled up concrete, on the road by one of the broken pillars lie still a man with his neck held high, eyes wide open staring at the sky. 
With blood dripping through his temple. The stare of Horror. The rain drops wash his pain stricken, astonished face.
The tormented sky often opens up to either bombs and rockets.
In the night the horizon is engulfed by the light from the explosions.
Rain here acts like the soothing effect. More like a balm acts over the wounds and scars.
They let the kids from the Rehabilitation Camps realize there is still some of their childhood left.
For a change they keep aside the rocket launchers and guns, to play in the rain.
The sound of rain drops falling induces peace for a while. 
It's not that the bombers(aircraft) cannot fly in this weather, they too like the Sound of Silence.
The rain drops are the same ... they symbolize united we stand on this planet earth and together shoulder the responsibility
Of the existence of peace and life here...
For me when I write this, I can hear the raindrops falling on the leaves of the plants in my garden, 
The fragrance of wet soil has engulfed my apartment.
I like to get drenched standing in the terrace along. 
So when it rains there at your place, it is the same rain drops that drench you too.
It is the same sky under which we both stand
though miles apart ... 
We are united by the Clouds.

© 2017 thought_scriptor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on May 18, 2017
Last Updated on May 18, 2017
Tags: #war #syria #civilwar #rain #rai

Author

thought_scriptor
thought_scriptor

bangalore, karnataka, India



About
A traveler, Passionate Photographer Weekend Cook Buddhist more..

Writing