Hurting

Hurting

A Poem by ...

My heart is infected
with the sad lonely of your absence.
I keep applying it with salve,
covering it with a band-aid...
it still hurts, brings tears to my eyes.
If it goes gangrene
I will have to cut it out.
I don't know what to do.
I want it to stop hurting.

© 2015 ...


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

a semi-wise man once instructed me about two kinds of emotional hurting: the first and more common hurting is from falling into the same hot fire over and over again; whereas the second, and equally painful kind of hurting, comes from withdrawing from our habitual flight patterns...the first is a recurring and eternal pain...the second has duration, as we cover our loins and walk slowly into tomorrow...the first can transform into the second as we care for ourselves like we would any injured child...heaps of love lynn

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this rev, Ed . Heaps of love back at ya :))



Reviews

Hurt.. pain.. agony .. there isn't a quick recovery, it IS an infection, it festers til your heart and head are almost read to explode. Tis - as your poem says, dear Lynn., something you want to destroy, be rid of, put down. But somehow, somehow the mornings come and go til life creeps back to remind you that strength to be still lives.

Such a grief.stricken poem yet, written whenever, concisely and beautifully. You were still in control, and you are, very much so. (You)

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

Emma, forgive me, I didn't see your review until now. Thank you so much for this beautiful, understa.. read more
all i can say is that it helps a bit to write about it, and maybe the transformation that ed so eloquently writes about can finally come to be...for what it's worth, reading about your experience with this pain helps others deal with theirs'

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

SF, it's good to see you by...thank you :)
I know this feeling deeply Lynn and I have thought some of the same things but even if it goes gangrene, I couldn't cut it out while still hoping she returns. Your poem has touched me today. When a dreams ends, the nightmare in the heart begins.

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, dear poet
I think I might understand this Lynn.
Honestly, where there is life, there is hope. Where there is conscious thought and remembrance, there can be no complete absence.
The "infection" could be loneliness and an internal collapse of your foundational beliefs.
The "salve" to my eye, is hope and knowing...
The pain and the tears are reminders you still have life to live and work to do.
If anything does become "gangrene", it must be removed from the living part of you... Yes! I think most of us forget this truth.
Finally, sadly, we do not usually get the privilege in this life to stop hurting. We must learn to live beyond the pain. Not "with" it as our partner or definition in life, but also without the expectation we will escape it or will earn the right to be free of it.
Fill your life with so much love and light the pain becomes an forgotten contaminate of your bliss... Even if just for a moment. (This is what I do...)

Love the write! Sorry for the mental dissection, as this is how my mind works.
Thank you for sharing this honesty. It is a "salve" to others who share your experiences.

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

:) you definitely got it. Thank you, my friend
wow ... so appreciate the honesty and vulnerability of your poem .. best salve ever is the advise of the infamous Shrek "Better out than in" ;)
if this is confessional it pulls my strings of empathy for you ..if not for you then for all the broken hearted today ..i am sure there is more than enough eh!? love hugs and peace to you lynn!
E.

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

laughing at shrek's advise ...thank you E!
Einstein Noodle

8 Years Ago

he's a gas ...... ahahahahahha! ;) love to you lynn!
I wish with all my heart that this is simple poetic rambling. very poignant and well crafted, Lynn.

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

you're so sweet woody :) Thank you my friend
There are some pains that are not easy to recover from but at some point you will be able to pull out the moments of joy. I hope they balance out for you. Those are the memories that makes the pain bearable.
I hope you can go forward from this and look for the positives. There has to be some or the pain would not be so strong.
I'm hoping that the new year will help you see this in a different light than when you posted it in August. Hugs.

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Jaycee :) Always good to see you by
you know lynn,you look at it as the years you had and you keep these
tucked away in your heart,you bring them out when you need to . no need for tears
the grieving will turn to fond memories.he would want you to be happy and to move on.


Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

:) I know...((you)) Thank you, Ron
Very strong emotion and I love the medical references - makes the link between emotion and physical and shows how strongly they are connected.
A

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

Thank you, my dear poet :)
Build a wall till you heal...then tear it down, make a patio out of the bricks and invite your friends over to dance on it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


...

8 Years Ago

hahaha I love your response Terry, thank you!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2015
Last Updated on August 13, 2015

Author

...
...

MI



Writing
"Timeless" "Timeless"

A Poem by ...


"Pandemic" "Pandemic"

A Poem by ...


"High (lol) " "High (lol) "

A Poem by ...



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


clotted clotted

A Poem by ...


Bruises Bruises

A Poem by Alias