True Love

True Love

A Story by Treble

When he shifted her sunlit hair, he had no roses. He had no promise rings, no heart-shaped chocolates, no swaying music.

Yet when he kissed her as she opened her emerald eyes, she said, "I want to close my eyes again. I want to close my eyes and sleep again. I want to feel your gentle kiss upon my lips every moment of my life. I want to feel reborn again and again."

That was the vow made on the day she walked down the aisle to see his loving face. After the ceremony, they sat on the benches outside the garden, looking up at the beautiful stars that had just landed in the sky.

Both of them looked awkwardly at each other's ring fingers that had no rings. He was the first to speak, "Rings mean nothing. You don't need a ring to know my love every second of your life. Know even without them that I will forever hold you in a special part of my heart."

She smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. "I feel the same way."

© 2014 Treble


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on November 27, 2014
Last Updated on November 27, 2014

Author

Treble
Treble

About
Hi, I'm a young adult, and I love writing poetry and the occasional short story. more..

Writing
Mercy Mercy

A Poem by Treble